Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2009, 14:47   #1

Boat: Valiant 40 - Road Less Travelled
Marinas in Exumas

Anybody have any suggestions for a marina to keep my Valiant 40 in Nov, Dec, Jan? I will not be living aboard. Would like to keep the cost down. Nassau is too pricy.
Thanks,
Mike
Valiant 40 - Road Less Travelled
mskl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 14:55   #2

Boat: Outremer 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Dave852
How about a mooring in Georgetown? There are several different owners, I have the number for one of them. Try George at 1-242-557-9629
Dave852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 15:26   #3

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
A mooring or slip in hole 3 in GT would be the cheapest, that's three to four hundred dollars a month depending on whether you want the boat checked now and then. I would say that the marinas in the Exumas are more expensive than in Nassau. There are only a couple where a boat can safely be left, the best being Sampson Cay but it is very expensive. Leaving a boat unattended on a mooring in the Exumas is not without risk. The folks are honest but anything can happen to a boat in three months. A friend left his on a mooring in GT a few years ago and it was to be inspected every so often. When he got back the boat had a lot of water in it and the engine was shot, having been underwater for a while. (Reliance 44 with the engine low in the boat). He sailed it back to the States. I left my boat for a few weeks on a mooring in hole 3 many years ago. The owner of the mooring said he'd check it every so often. When I got back one of the the lines had chafed through. Luckily I had taken my anchor chain and shackled it to the mooring block (a big engine block) before I left as insurance.

One thing you could try, call Nick at Basra in Nassau. He sometimes arranges long term storage if a slip is available in Coral Harbour where he lives. This is a canal community.

Tags
exumas, marinas