Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 02:39   #1

Buying a boat and registering it as Malaysian

I have never bought or registered a boat outside of Canada or traveled internationally on a boat. Any advantages or disadvantages to the country of registration. In my case Malaysia. As in length of time allowed to stay in a country or fees etc

Cheers
Kolomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:32   #2

Boat: Nonsuch 30
Re: Buying a boat and registering it as Malaysian

I am not aware of any advantages/disadvantages in terms of being able to stay in any country. I am aware of Chinese people registering their boats (typically big, expensive ones) in Malaysia to avoid high import taxes in China. The complications when you enter a country tend to be tied to the crew rather than the boat, for example, Canadians have easier access to the US than others. Some passports are seen as 'better' because fewer countries require visas for those folks
Old 11-04-2017, 04:53   #3

Re: Buying a boat and registering it as Malaysian

Wonderful, thanks. I will be in Malaysia looking at boats next week.

Cheers
Kolomaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, buying, Malaysia