Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2013, 12:49   #16

Boat: Burger 74' motor yacht, 65 foot 12 metre, Flicka and sailing dinghy
Re: South Florida Canvas Referral Needed

Is Miami too far? I know a great person there
Old 24-12-2013, 14:29   #17

Boat: Leopard 40

Custom Canvas & Upholstery By Linda Hunt in Palm Beaches/Hobe Sound. She did our cockpit enclosure and it is beautiful. Very nice and professional.
ShaktiGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 15:27   #18

Covering Up Canvas in Lantana, FL ( Just South of West Palm) 561 603 4924 at Murrelle Marine. Ask for Michael or Jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offline View Post
Hey all..

Needing a referral for a competent and fair canvas shop in South Florida, preferably in the Palm Beaches.

We need some new cushions and biminis made up

Thanks
PBCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:21   #19

Location: New Mexico and our S/V is in Fort Pierce..hope to be there soon and sailing.
Boat: S/V"KAREN", Pearson Alberg 35. an achilles dingy, 2 kyaks.

I tried earlier to address this..but I think my post was lost...in response to "brankin" in 12/13...I advised him relative to his inquiry about seeking canvas work in Fort Pierce Florida and "Hank" of Reel Canvas in particular. I responded by saying that we were disappointed with "Hank" at Reel Canvas and found him to be unreliable. Brankin then sent me a PM requesting information as to why I was disappointed with "Hank" /Reel Canvas and found him unreliable.. and I told him what had happened...Hank wanted and approached my husband Jon with an offer to trade our antique, 100 year old Perkins ship lantern for some canvas work. "Hank" wanted it for his bar. I did not want to trade the lamp away but finally agreed; $500.00 value on the lamp, in exchange for a cockpit awning and a main sail cover. We met with "Hank" agreed on the deal, and further, agreed to pay for further canvas work, as well as picking out swatches that we liked. Then "Hank" just never came back. Weeks went by, no "Hank". We left messages that went unreturned. He never came back. Thankfully we did not turn our lantern over to "HanK"..I told Brankin in the PM that I had no way of knowing the quality of "Hank"'s work but he should not pay in advance as "Hank is unreliable. Brankin then PM's me advising me that "Hank" had told him that we had approached him on the trade and didn't want to pay him any money. I responded stating that what I had said in the earlier PM was true and I did not want to discuss it further. run tails back and forth...words to that effect and wished him, brankin, luck. NOW TODAY, outside the Ft. Pierce West Marine, "Hank" accosted my husband Jon, calling him filthy names, accusing him of lying and that I ("your wife") spread malicious false lies about him, "Hank" and Reel Canvas on Cruisers Forum. He also accused Jon of lying about having Cancer , etc. Using coarse epithets, and embarassing Jon, who had nothing to do with my exchange with "brankin" and only knew about it because I had told him about it. THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS POST IS THIS ....first, 'HANK' of Reel Canvas IS UNRELIABLE..HE IS ALSO AN ABUSIVE LIAR. I would not bother to post this if I did not feel it imperative to WARN anyone who is considering canvas work done by "HANK" dba REEL CANVAS to do so only with extreme caution. DO NOT PAY HIM IN ADVANCE and be careful in your dealing with him because he is an aggressive hot head. If "brankin" cares to relate this to Mr. "Hank"/Reel Canvas, feel free....he should bring his greivances to me..NOT my husband, who IS in remission from his bout with Cancer after undergoing lengthy radiation treatment. Bottom line though...find some other canvas worker...stay away from people like "Hank" dba Reel Canvas.
susanna reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 16:28   #20

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdominic_97 View Post
Find a local Amish crafter, May take him 3 months, but it will be done well.
In the Palm Beach area? You've got a funny sense of humor.
Old 03-05-2014, 21:04   #21

Boat: Van de Stadt 50'
Send a message via Skype™ to sy_gilana

We have a good friend who owns an outfit called Busch Canvas, been going for many years in West Palm, over on Australian Bvd. Busch Canvas & Interiors. Ask for Kim, tell her we say hi...
Old 25-03-2015, 11:14   #22

Boat: Endeavour 43

On my endorsement of Hank...I need to withdraw everything I said positive about him as he has packed his bags and flew the coupe. I was a bad judge of character on that one
brankin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canvas, florida