Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2019, 08:29   #1

Boat: Hunter 410
Large B&R rig standing rigging replacement mast up?

I have a larger B&R rig that needs new standing rigging.

She's a Hunter 410 with a 58.5' bridge clearance so I am assuming about a 52' mast. It is a Selden in mast furling and is a deck stepped mast.

I need to get all of the rigging replaced and obviously one option is to pull the mast but I am looking for any advice or experience from anyone who has tried to replace this type of rigging with the mast up.

My biggest concern is that on each side the rigging is all interconnected at the spreaders. If I want to remove the lower outer wire I would need to disconnect all of the outer and center wires on one side because of how they connect to the spreaders.

Ultimately, is it possible and reasonably safe to replace this rigging mast up?
feudalkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:04   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat
Re: Large B&R rig standing rigging replacement mast up?

It's tricky but can be done standing. Where are you at. Some yards charge $100 for a crane each way. Others might be 600 or more.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:05   #3

Boat: Hunter 410
Re: Large B&R rig standing rigging replacement mast up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
It's tricky but can be done standing. Where are you at. Some yards charge $100 for a crane each way. Others might be 600 or more.
We are located in north Florida. Unfortunately most of the quotes to pull the mast have been in the $400-$600 each way range.
feudalkaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mast, men, rigging