Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2017, 17:46   #1

Location: Home port is San Diego, California, but Rutea is currently in Panama for the hurricane season.
Boat: Contest 48
Is Interlux Micron 99 an Acceptable Substitute for Micron 66?

Frankly, I'm balking at the cost of Interlux's Micron 66 here in Trinidad and I'm hoping that someone who haunts the CF forum has experience with both products. There's about a 25% price difference. When I asked Interlux for the difference, here's what they said:

Micron 66
Micron® 66®* is a long lasting Self-Polishing Copolymer with Biolux®, formulated to provide a level of antifouling protection not previously available in any paint.
Provides the best antifouling performance in the harshest fouling conditions for 2 years and beyond. It polishes and becomes smoother with use, reducing drag
and fuel consumption. It can be hauled and relaunched without recoating and the polishing action reduces build-up and minimizes sanding at reapplication.
Maximum protection even during stationary periods at the dock or mooring.
* Not suitable for use in fresh water

Micron 99
Micron 99 is a premium SPC antifouling developed especially for professional use on hulls over 82 feet, with ultimate multi-season performance in salt, fresh and
brackish waters. Using the latest resin and biocide technology to deliver unmatched performance, the high solid, low VOC formula reduces emissions to the
environment as well as needing fewer coats and less frequent application thus reducing maintenance costs and haul-outs. A license may be required in each
State of application.
I thank you

Can anyone tell me of a good reason not to use the Micron 99?

Fair winds and calm seas.
nhschneider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Interlux