Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2014, 20:03   #16

Location: Placida FL on the hard for now real nice place cheep rent .
Boat: 78 Laguna ,Windrose 24'
Re: How does expanding foam in a can compare to 2 PAC low pressure foam?

sorry mischief if i got your thread off course . When you said ( voids in the interior ) i just wanted you too know that filling large voids with spray foam is not a real good idea . as far as you question , I don't know the answer . sure hope somebody dose . Lifes to short too worry about what anybody types on a pc ? oops should not have put a question mark , there goes the thread again !
sailersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 20:07   #17

Boat: Nantucket 33
Re: How does expanding foam in a can compare to 2 PAC low pressure foam?

Thanks guys for not being offended by my last comment.
I hear what you are saying.
Actually I have read results of cut open dunked samples submerged in water for 6months from can and 2pac pour with penetration at 1mm each sample and negotiable weight increase.
I could also tell everyone about other personal experiences with expanding foam but that all leads into more debates. Hopefully someone may have some chemistry experience etc in comparing the two. My hunch is the 2pac is superior. The companies making two PAC recommend cans for small areas and touch ups etc. their biggest selling feature over cans as far as marketing goes is that for large amounts its much more controlled and cheaper. So I wonder why they don't claim how superior the product itself is over a can?
Thanks everyone and I hope I have not come off like a jerk in my last comment. I'd hate people to know what I'm really like ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
mischief is offline   Reply With Quote