Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 18:57   #31
Marine Service Provider

Normally I'd agree with you. And believe me I did push for them to sell me the light. Even told him that I only need the top part that was in the display, and would even pay full price for that.

The problem, and further proof that there's too many stupid companies out there with useless people doing useless jobs...or at least the story he gave me to get me off his back. They don't even own their own displays, so they're not allowed to sell the display model, even though it's the last one, and they're not getting anymore in. Eventually the moron from that company will come in, and probably just thrown the display away.

In the old days, they could have sold it to me, actually made a sale, it wouldn't wind up in a landfill, and they'd be rid of it and wouldn't have to deal with explaining this to the next customer who want that last light.

The one's I got from Lowes are actually a little nicer, though.
off-the-grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 22:26   #32
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Oh, THAT Depot. Yeah...I suppose it could be like your local deli, where the soda coolers don't belong to them, the soda company "lends" them the fixtures in exchange for carrying only that brand in them. There's odder arrangements in retail.

Gotta say Lowes isn't always a whole lot sharper, I got one hell of a shock from the lighting display when I went to see what kind of bulb a fixture used. No one even asked how I was doing, although they eventually called someone up who said "Gee, that shouldn't be hot" and killed power to the entire rack.

I guess they left out the section in the employee manual that says "After electrocuting a customer...."
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:45   #33
Marine Service Provider

Or the part about having live wires on the floor!
off-the-grid is offline   Reply With Quote