Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40   #16

Boat: FP Tobago 35
NIce to have you on board here Arjan. I've been following your build for a few years. Congratulations on a fantastic job!

Could you post some weight and performance figures? I would imagine she sails as well as she looks. There are many posts here asking about performance, and many settle for the condomoran level, and don't know what they could get

Couls you tell us where you got the mast design from?

Regards

Alan
Nordic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 19:07   #17

Boat: RotKat Lidgard 43
Alan,

RotKat weighed 15000 lbs when launched this was with almost empty tanks. I have made it a point to keep the weight off every chance I get and I would think that she is 15.500 at the most.
When I was ready to launch I was also completely sick of bleeding money so I decided to buy an used main and use that for a year or two. with that main and a 20 knot breeze she would do about 17 knots tops with long periods of 10-12 now with the new two week old Dave Calvert main I hit 19.5 knots on the first day out, it was probably blowing around 30 knots and I "forgot" to reef but when we were going that fast I was de-powering the main big time. Last weekend on the way back from a trip to Vallejo I reefed the main before getting to the "slot" where we maxed out at 18.6 knots with the aparent wind in the low 30's, again de-powering quite a bit. I think that I should be able to get well over 20 knots as soon as I have the guts to go and push a little harder.
With the dagger boards and the new main I can point almost as high as the monohulls and even in lighter air she does well.

Arjan
arjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:16   #18

Boat: FP Tobago 35
Sounds like a great boat to sail, thanks for the input Arjan.

I am interested in the mast design, could you tell me who did it for you? It looks great. How big is the chord compared to the boom length? Also any details on your rotator controls would be nice to see . I'm looking for inspiration/ideas here...

Thanks

Alan
Nordic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:54   #19

Boat: 46' custom cat "Rum Doxy", Roughwater 41"Abreojos"
Good to see you here Arjan. We corresponded a bit on the Yahoo electric boat forum. By sharing your experiences with the electric propulsion you saved me a ton of time and loot. Thanks again and congratulations on the beautifull boat.

Mike
mikereed100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 01:06   #20

My first post so be kind to me fellas . My reason for responding to this thread was that I am contemplating a Gary Lidgard design to retire on in about 5 years.

Whilst not set in stone I'm contemplating his forward cockpit 50 footer. Not terribly unlike a gunboat 48.

If mine turns out 1/2 as nice as ROTCAT I'll be one happy camper. Congrats Arjan, I'm sure Lidgard would be pleased with your rendition of his design.
Rebel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multihull