Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2019, 13:16   #16

Re: Roger Simpson Trimaran, Liahona. Looking for inforation on the designer and the m

Hi Jeff, not sure if you remember me. My name is Arne Compagne. My father was Arne Snr. You invited my dad, Mum, brother and myself aboard Liahona shortly after you bought her to go sailing off Manly in the 80’s.. I was only 16 then . a very enjoyable day! My dad built a Liahona 40 on the Gold Coast and named her Jacana. Beautiful boat. Launched in ‘88 and sold her a few years later. I myself now have an Easy 10.5 Catamaran and have just come back cruising the Qld East Coast for 6mths. Would love to catch up and share story’s and find out what you’re up to these days if that’s okay.. I just remember that day being a highlight of my teenage years and inspired me to own many sailing boats throughout my life so far.. Cheers, Arne
Arne Compagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 13:37   #17

Re: Roger Simpson Trimaran, Liahona. Looking for inforation on the designer and the m

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushytales View Post
Hi...my name is Jeff Bush. Way back in 1986/7 I bought the original Liahona (the boat was named that!) from Roger Simpson who had built her himself in Brisbane Australia. I owned it for about 3 years and sailed the Great Barrier Reef in her. She was a comfortable yacht - not terribly fast - but very comfortable.
I eventually sold her and bought a Windspeed Catamaran from Geoff Cruse - also of Brisbane.
If I can answer any questions about her I will try to help. Appreciate that was 30 years ago!!
Cheersfrom Jeff B
Hi Jeff, not sure if you remember me. My name is Arne Compagne. My father was Arne Snr and built a Liahona tri ‘Jacana’ back in the late 80’s. I remember you inviting our family to come sailing on Liahona off Manly to see how she went.. an awesome day I will never forget as a 16yr old. Inspired me to own many sail boats and have just completed a 6 mth cruise up the Qld East Coast on our Easy 10.5.. would love to reconnect and find out what you have been up to and share story’s etc... Cheers, Arne
Arne Compagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:35   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushytales View Post
Hi...my name is Jeff Bush. Way back in 1986/7 I bought the original Liahona (the boat was named that!) from Roger Simpson who had built her himself in Brisbane Australia. I owned it for about 3 years and sailed the Great Barrier Reef in her. She was a comfortable yacht - not terribly fast - but very comfortable.
I eventually sold her and bought a Windspeed Catamaran from Geoff Cruse - also of Brisbane.
If I can answer any questions about her I will try to help. Appreciate that was 30 years ago!!
Cheersfrom Jeff B
Wow cool, I'm looking at this boat on Friday, what kind of average NM days could you rely on?
Would be great to chat before I inspect if you see this message.
Cheers,
nico
Enkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:52   #19

Hello,
I’m not sure who has written to me…Arno or I Nico,
Feel free to email me personally at bushjeff60@. Gmail.. com
Am happy to chat about Liahona.
Are you buying her or is this a history story! Lol
Cheers
Jeff
bushytales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2023, 22:14   #20

She Exists.... Liahona.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F18CB452-0A82-44BC-B020-E00C0050903B.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	275479  
Old 19-07-2023, 01:19   #21

Bought Liahona from a gentleman in Yamba, Ive been working on her for 2 months, getting ready for the Whitsundays cruise. I'll post some more photos as I complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dji_fly_20230711_115232_69_1689040367151_photo_optimized.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	278352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0854 2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	278353  

Tags