Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 13:02   #16

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Neel 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev77 View Post
Neel 47 with one toilet as standard so they expect 6/8 people to use one toilet ����

I love the Neel boats but they need to make some better choices and improve their build and finishing quality

Hopefully in 10-15 years when I should be in the market for a Neel they will provide a boat with toilets in guest cabins as standard and not optional!!
if they are not fallen apart before and a proper skilled boat yard is redoing the whole ship then there won't be much on the market you can choose from....
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 06:07   #17

HI for those of you that own a Cat or a Neel - just how noisy are they in the hulls while on passage? Compared to a Mono?
squarehead67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 06:58   #18

Boat: NEEL 45 #1

about the same
beauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 06:59   #19

a neel 47 is made for a couple with occasional guest.. so it s more like 1 head for 2
Old 14-11-2019, 07:03   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakiss View Post
James does a pretty good job at showing all the mods he had to make. Cleats falling off. Hoses undersized and bursting...
Seems if you want the trimaran from Neel - get one unfinished and trim it out by a better builder. Go back through and make sure all cleats and padeyes are through bolted with back plates....
And BTW just what CE rating are these Neels? CE A? Neel does not indicate this rating specifically on their web page? WHY NOT?
Old 14-11-2019, 07:03   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
I love design, sail quality and the room concept of the 45, chartered one a week in south france .... BUT the build quality I have seen myself and heard from frustrated owner kept me away from it.
Far from perfect is as far as the Pluto from earth in this case.

It really looks like a noobie hammered together a swimming ikea closet
as a project boat for 50k yes but for 250k+ for 2-3years old ikea closets absolute noGo. really sad to see this and that a company puts a boat with this quality to the boat shows show how much they care...not at all. Thats just ruined their reputation and will cost them much more the cover if they ever do.
well i’m not frustrated yet..and i own the absolute rush job of the first hull of the 45 ( now 8 years old)
Old 14-11-2019, 07:05   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauris View Post
a neel 47 is made for a couple with occasional guest.. so it s more like 1 head for 2

Seems to me the less toilets you have the less to go wrong. With Solar becoming more reliable - why not go with an Incinerating toilet and do way with all Black Water tanks?
Old 14-11-2019, 07:07   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehead67 View Post
Seems to me the less toilets you have the less to go wrong. With Solar becoming more reliable - why not go with an Incinerating toilet and do way with all Black Water tanks?

original neel 50 you just had a hole over the water..very simple
Old 14-11-2019, 07:09   #24

Quote:

I saw that - and I think they did that mod themselves.
Old 14-11-2019, 09:02   #25

Quote:
Thats a common way french people have the toilet...well I prefer a bit a more civilized way of doing the business
Old 14-11-2019, 09:07   #26

Quote:
James does a pretty good job at showing all the mods he had to make. Cleats falling off. Hoses undersized and bursting...
Seems if you want the trimaran from Neel - get one unfinished and trim it out by a better builder. Go back through and make sure all cleats and padeyes are through bolted with back plates....

or stay away from the boat if the manufacturer neel is not able to get it right for that amount of money you pay for a new neel.
Unfinished and trim out would put the costs much higher and then there are a lot better alternatives out there.
The 51 has the better "worse" quality but the 45 I saw was a desaster and I am sure I saw not all that was done wrong....

@beauris: you must have a really high tolerance level not to get fustrated if you buy a new boat and have to redo it more or less completly...I assume you got a good deal that made it feasable to fix all the issues.

I really like the neel design and several clever solutions but the desasterous building quality put me off and creates an overall mistrust. Ans whats waiting underneath and I can't see if the obvious stuff is already screwed up. Really a shame for such a good design but poor execution.

Its just wonders me that some people are so desperate to buy one and accept that finish quality level.
Old 14-11-2019, 09:23   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
Thats a common way french people have the toilet...well I prefer a bit a more civilized way of doing the business
hope you’re joking
Old 14-11-2019, 09:59   #28

Boat: Amel 50

Quote:
HI for those of you that own a Cat or a Neel - just how noisy are they in the hulls while on passage? Compared to a Mono?
This is from my experience with my ex-Lagoon 450 (S. Pacific) and my current boat (Med). The catamaran was extremely loud and violent (think loud jarring explosions) when in rough seas. This was due to water slapping the bridge deck.

Granted I have not experienced the same seas in the Med with my current boat, but the overall motion and sound level is way better.

There are pros and cons in everything. Cats and mono's excel in different areas. You have to experience it yourself...
boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 10:07   #29

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

He's not. If you see a butt hanging over the rail doing it's business, you know you're looking at a French boat [emoji3]. Pretty funny the first time you see it happen.

Matt
Quote:
hope you’re joking
Old 19-11-2019, 23:50   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjohnson View Post
He's not. If you see a butt hanging over the rail doing it's business, you know you're looking at a French boat [emoji3]. Pretty funny the first time you see it happen.

Matt
it use to happen in the 70,s or in racing boats ( french or brits or american or whatever) it does not happen anymore...by the way i’m french and i’ve been sailing since the 70’s.