Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 07:55   #16

Boat: Lagoon 450F
Re: Just Catamarans?

I think we might use them. I'll keep following to see how it goes. We need electronics, watermaker etc etc.
ElJefeLagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:32   #17
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefeLagoon View Post
I think we might use them. I'll keep following to see how it goes. We need electronics, watermaker etc etc.

They do buy watermakers from me. If you need any information before hand don't hesitate to contact me.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 06:58   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: PDQ 36, 36'5", previously Leopard 45 cat and Hunter 33 mono

They did some good work for me, too, and were helpful when I needed some information from a long distance. Good people, in my experience.
contrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 10:49   #19

Boat: longing for a trimaran

Met them at the boat show">Annapolis Boat show this October. Absolutely lovely people.
Gone With the Wynns and Sailing Uma have featured them.
tatomaceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 19:04   #20

We used them on our first catamaran and are going to use them again for our new one. They’re great people and very professional. There always available to answer your questions no matter how many times you call. Trust me on this one!
As an aside, Tellie (JT), Who posted above is also great to work with. We bought our first water maker from him and we’re going to do it again. Great service after the sale
rajsach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 17:39   #21

Meh. We used them to purchase our first catamaran (just got it 2-3 months ago). The closing was not well coordinated by Just Catamarans, the surveyor recommended by JC was pretty bad (apparently good surveyors are hard to find). We thought that maybe their service crew would be amazing - but not so much. They are really nice people, but not well organized at all. They drill first, ask questions and do research later. They are good for solar and batteries, that's about it... make sure you supervise their work and be prepared to project manage. -- I tried to reach Kent (or any owner) a couple of times... it's impossible.

We were impressed with Maz Ocean which did work on our NMEA 2000 setup. We also heard great things about Multitech Marine Services from a couple of other boat owners.

Good luck

Our water maker was installed by Henry from Village Marine Tec, which is now owner by Parker. He is AMAZING and our water maker is also amazing.
InsuredApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 18:50   #22

Boat: 2017 Lagoon 42

Insured Apple:
Was your service "coordinated" by Laurant at Just Catamarans? If so, I can truly understand your dissatisfaction.
DeepCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 05:36   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCut View Post
Insured Apple:
Was your service "coordinated" by Laurant at Just Catamarans? If so, I can truly understand your dissatisfaction.
Good morning.

Rafael is managing the work on our boat. I have only met Laurent a few times. They are all very nice people, or seem that way... I believe Laurent oversees quite a bit of the fiberglass work at Just Catamarans.

What did you get done at Just Catamarans?
InsuredApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:49   #24

Boat: Leopard 44

ITS CHEAPER TO GET A PRO TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Just Catamarans quoted us for the work we needed and then over-delivered at that same price. There was no extra hours tacked on at the end, no surprise costs or unexpected charges. Dealing with Just Catamarans was the absolute best transaction we've ever had with any repair of any kind. Laurent Facchin was our Service Manager and he made regular trips to the boat to check the work and spent as much time as we needed to understand the work. Every member of the team that showed up to the boat was professional, courteous and incredibly skilled with many years experience at that task. We had generator, battery, inverter and plumbing work and each tech was an expert in their field and understood our boat thoroughly.

When you pay experts to do a job you end up SAVING MONEY because the job is done quickly and only ONCE. We've seen far too many other people stumble around the boat learning their trade at our expense. This is not the case when you hire a team that already understands your boat and the systems on your boat.

Amazing is the only word that comes to mind. These guys are the best and their speed and expertise means you get high quality and high value.
ExchangeGeek is offline   Reply With Quote