Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2011, 07:26   #1

Equipments Build in Sunreef 62

I am considering a 2nd hand Sunreef 62 and would like to know which brands/types of equipment the Sunreef-Yard normally builds into their boats.
A/C, heating, Generator(s), watermaker, winches, windlass, sails.

It would help me a lot to consider if I like it and to estimate how much the maintenance cost could be.
Until now I could not have a personal look at one of their boats, but my impression from photos and some specs is quite OK. Currently I work abroad, but hope to be able inspecting a few boats in winter.

I was also considering a Lagoon 560/620. But after chartering a 440 and inspecting the new 450 on a boatshow, I was very disappointed about the build quality and also the soundproofing of A/C & Generator was not acceptable.
Thanks, if you can provide me with some details on the Sunreef!

Bandula
Bandula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 08:46   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Equipments build in Sunreef 62

You might ask Sunreef ➥ Contact Sunreef Yachts. Leader of building luxury yachts, power boats and sailing catamarans. - Sunreef Yachts

Or the current owner/broker of the particular model that interests you.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 04:47   #3

Boat: A few!

In many cases the equipment was custom specified. We have worked with a few of them over the years so you drop me a line with the name of the boat and I could probably give you specifics and also put you in touch with any crew who have run her. Many keep a copy of maintenance logs as part of their CVs which can prove to be interesting reading!

You are correct about things like generator noise on french builds, many corners are cut to keep the advertised base price low but there are some excellent aftermarket solutions so don't dismiss the boats completely.

PM me of email tomATsynergyyachtingDOTcom

Cheers
Tom
caribcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 06:28   #4

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandula View Post
I am considering a 2nd hand Sunreef 62 and would like to know which brands/types of equipment the Sunreef-Yard normally builds into their boats.
If you reckon you are spending $1.6 million dollars with a broker in this market, they'll be falling all over themselves giving you all the information you want

Sun Reef Yachts Sun Reef 62 used boat for sale. The Yacht Market online boat sales and charters.
Old 24-05-2011, 07:17   #5

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat man do View Post
If you reckon you are spending $1.6 million dollars with a broker in this market, they'll be falling all over themselves giving you all the information you want

Sun Reef Yachts Sun Reef 62 used boat for sale. The Yacht Market online boat sales and charters.
And if they won't, for a small fee I'd be glad to run down the info for you.
Doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 07:35   #6

With all the details involved in the purchase of a yacht of this class you are well advised to work with a reputable, experienced international yacht broker. He will take care of these questions, arrange survey and haulout, delivery to haulout. Escrow of funds, assist with insurance, and the many legal points involved with registering (flagging) the vessel. The comission is paid by the seller.
Multitalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 10:32   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multitalent View Post
With all the details involved in the purchase of a yacht of this class you are well advised to work with a reputable, experienced international yacht broker. He will take care of these questions, arrange survey and haulout, delivery to haulout. Escrow of funds, assist with insurance, and the many legal points involved with registering (flagging) the vessel. The comission is paid by the seller.
Well put. Normally feel wrong about promoting what we do here but luckily you've done it for me!
Old 24-05-2011, 11:20   #8

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Broker fees

As long as we are on the subject, what is the standard commission? Is the international rate the same as the rate in the US MOL. Sorry about the thread drift. BOB
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 05:13   #9

There is nothing standard. New boats are dictated by builders and used boat commission should always be negotiated by seller before anything signed as this is reflected in the sales situation.