Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2010, 07:22   #1

Boat: 1977 Marine Trader 40' Trawler
Send a message via Yahoo to Pappy Chris
Considering a Cherokee 35

I am considering buying a Cherokee 35 made by Sailcraft. I am interested in hearing of some sound historical information about the quality and sailing ability of this cat.
All of the major (expensive) repairs, upgrades and overhauls have been done with in the last 10 years. It has spent its time sailing the Caribbean, Central and (northern) South America by it's current owner.
I have been able to find very little reading material about it other than an occasional reference to it with regard to another model.
Cheers!
Old 26-07-2010, 07:59   #2

The Iroquois was Sailcraft's most widely produced boat. Most information regarding the other models (Comanche, Cherokee, Apache, I think were the names?) is mixed in with Iroquois.

The Iroquois Owner's Association has a backlog of newsletters that occasionally deal with the other models.

Home

There's also a Yahoo mailing list that's pretty active about the Iroquois, but I don't recall seeing any of the other models represented on the mailing list.

IroquoisCats : Iroquois Catamarans
LookingForCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 10:08   #3
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
We owned a Cherokee for 10 years, really liked that boat. She seemed to be really well built, tracked better than any other cat I've sailed and once we pulled out the old hydraulic drive system and put in a Honda 50hp she sailed quite well. I will send you a pm with my email address and phone # if you would like more info.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 18:25   #4

Boat: Niagara 42
Also considering a Cherokee 35

I would love to learn more about these cats. I saw what appears to be one in immaculate condition but I am very weary of older designs such as this. Will it be as seaworthy as newer designs? What should I look for? And most important of all, what should I pay? Finding comparable boats has be very difficult.
Drobert is offline   Reply With Quote