Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 13:42   #31

Re: Catana 42 or Outremer 42

If you decide on a Catana, you may be interested in our 1993 Catana 40S. I'll send pics to your email address upon request. Asking $169,000.
Craig Dingwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 15:20   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Dingwall View Post
If you decide on a Catana, you may be interested in our 1993 Catana 40S.

you bet your arse I'm interested... pm sent
tamicatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 16:03   #33

Great. Here's a link to a our boat before we bought her in 2001: Caraibe Yachts, boat specifications : Catana 40 S : cruising sailboat, catamaran, centerboarder / lifting keel, sloop

Since then, we added new engines (Volvo Penta 30 HP), new electronics, new electrical wiring, new headsail, gori folding props, mack pack, lazy jacks and new 20 gal holding tank. Boat also has wind generator and solar panel. I'm out of town this week. I'll send more pics this weekend. What is your email address? Pura Vida has been dry sailed from our boat lift in Virginia (near Chesapeake Bay) since we bought her in 2001.
Craig Dingwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 16:55   #34

Craig, I sent you a PM via here. I'd kinda rather not put my email addy out in public if you would be so kind to understand

check your messages here by looking at the top, under the Cruisers' Forum bannerhead, on the right. It says
"welcome (your username)
Last visited
Private messages"

click on the 'private messages' and it'll take you to the message service.

thanks ever so much. I'm really digging the older Catanas and am very, very interested indeed
tamicatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 15:07   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Dingwall View Post
If you decide on a Catana, you may be interested in our 1993 Catana 40S. I'll send pics to your email address upon request. Asking $169,000.
Please send me details to Craig.
Flightpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 02:53   #36

Boat: Outremer 45 catamaran

I have an outremer 45 and the construction is bullet-proof. We have had her out in very severe racing conditions and without taking any risk or being imprudent beat all the multihulls, many of whom retired. We felt completely solid and safe. The monolithic fibreglass construction is much more durable, impact resistant and easier to repair than the composite construction of the Catana; although I am sure better now, many years ago there were some reports of delamination. The Outremer accommodation is basic but EXTREMELY durable and comfortable and after 5 seasons, looks like new. On the other hand the catana weight saves in the hulls, with the ability to take a more elaborate interior fitout, which I suspect will tire a bit more easily. Either yacht will be fabulous; stop worrying, buy one or the other and get out sailing.
bairdag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 06:07   #37
rum

Send a message via Skype™ to rum

Hello there,

I have been reading this thread with great interest. Some great points well made by those involved. I would be happy to answer any questions any of you might have regarding the new generation of Carbon Infusion Catana's, as we are the UK agents. Please feel free to contact us through our website; the address is on my profile here. Alternatively, PM me.

All the best,
Ed
rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 13:13   #38

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poozer View Post
IBasically I wanted a boat which would give me the option of sailing it like a mono when I wanted the sensation of performance sailing and to use the autopilot remote control from the covered cockpit or salon when I didn't. That's why I bought a Catana.
This is an excellent point. You always have the option of sailing by autopilot and remote control if you want to relax on a leisurely cruise, but if you want to stand in the wind and enjoy the rush of the water, an open cockpit is the way to do that!
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catana, outremer