Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 12:21   #46

Re: Buying through The Multihull Company, good or bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightguy View Post
So far I've had good and bad experiences with them.
The owner does seem to be a little condescending after talking to him several times on the phone. I made the mistake of underdressing for the boat show">Annapolis boat show and he wouldn't even look at me.
On the other hand while in Thailand I wanted to look at one of their listings.
The agent picked me in a taxi up took a two hour drive to see it, even bought me a couple of beers while we waited for a taxi back. All on the house.
How do you underdress for the Annapolis boat show! I go wearing shorts and a t-shirt, there are silicon valley guys worth many tens of millions dressed the same. Crazy that people in the business of selling are still judging based on what someone's wearing in this day and age!
14murs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 15:27   #47

Boat: Lagoon 39

Beware of George Ottino located in Hallandale Beach ( Ft Lauderdale )
jvoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 15:34   #48

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvoit View Post
Beware of George Ottino located in Hallandale Beach ( Ft Lauderdale )
Oh, why?

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 16:27   #49

He sold a Catamaran
to me which he advertised as “meticulously maintained and in pristine condition”. After purchasing the boat I discovered it was far from meticulously maintained and pristine . His replies to my questions about the problems with the boat made me out as someone unqualified and unknowledgeable to question the problems with the boat. His manager’s reply to my emails asking for maintenance logs and advise to solving the boats problems was “knock it off” assuming I was going to file a law suit. (As an example of the poor maintenance “half the foam on both air filters were gone and consumed by the engine. Certainly, in my world not meticulous maintenance)
Old 28-10-2019, 16:37   #50

The surveyor noted a funky smell in the master head. After the sale I asked what did the owner do to try to remedy the problem of the smell. It appeared as if the sanitary hose was replaced at some point. In reply the salesman questioned my wife’s “ housekeeping skills” as the reason for the smell
I could write a book about other issues similar to these. His manager Andrew Holland did not make any attempt to satisfy my request for information or acknowledge his salesman George may have exaggerated the condition of the boat.

Tags
buying, grass, hull, multihull