Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2014, 19:16   #226

Boat: Catana 42
Re: Advice for new owners from Australia coming to Europe to collect a boat

Thank heaps for photos.

What a treat and adds to the excitement of final days before we start our dream in earnest. So looking forward to be aboard for real!

Much to do in the mean time though. I am currently trying to work out matters such as insurance for both boat and personal. Yet to determine which is the best direction....

Thanks again for photos I do appreciate.

I will keep all informed of how we go

cheers
the Miss
(49 days to go and counting)
The Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 19:46   #227
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Miss View Post
Woo Hoo...how exciting!!

Wishing you a smooth handover and then fair winds and following seas always...
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 00:19   #228

Advice for new owners from Australia coming to Europe to collect a boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Miss View Post
Thank heaps for photos.

What a treat and adds to the excitement of final days before we start our dream in earnest. So looking forward to be aboard for real!
Much to do in the mean time though. I am currently trying to work out matters such as insurance for both boat and personal. Yet to determine which is the
cheers

the Miss

Congratulations The Miss, you must be jumping out of your skin! I'm a long time lurker on this forum and have been reading through this thread with interest as I'm planning a similar purchase one of these days (although a certain company in Argentina is probably where I'll end up). I'm off to cruise in Italy about the same time you will be arriving in France; I'm getting a little excited too, but I can only imagine how you feel :-)

You have probably already sorted the money access issues you were asking about a few months back but I thought I'd mention a product which I've recently discovered. If you have a Qantas frequent flyer card, you can now load it with multiple currencies and use it as an ATM/Debit card (MasterCard). Supposedly it is commission free and you can load online using a number of methods. If you loaded Euro for instance, the exchange rate is locked in at the rate of the day you loaded, so the value is maintained. If you come home and haven't spent it all, you can cash out again. For travel it sounds good as you can carry around multiple currencies without worrying about exchange fees or commissions. If one currency is depleted you can spend another, albeit with the associate exchange penalties. It may be something to consider as you wouldn't need to worry about opening European bank accounts.

Anyway, enjoy your journey and fair winds. The Cat looks awesome! If you happen to sail down the Amalfi coast, I'll be floating about somewhere on a Bene 37 :-) Look for the Aussie flag!

JustCroozin'
JustCroozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 09:53   #229

Boat: FP Helia 44

Hi all ,quick ? for Monte , have you received your new Lagoon yet and estimated arrival in La Rochelle . We have a few more items to install and one sail to rig then all good to go . Hope to catch you and Jen before we boot it
Jeffrey Oc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 10:32   #230
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

gday Jeff. We are collecting our cat Monday 5th in Les Sables. We will head to La Rochelle when we get a weather window a few days afterwards. Hopefully see you there. Hows the weather? All good with the new boat I hope. Where and when are you planning on heading to from La Rochelle?
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 14:00   #231
TPF

Boat: Fontaine Pajot Helia 44

Hi Jeff and Monte,

We will be arriving in La Rochelle on 8 May to take delivery of "Bisou" our new Helia on the weekend. Very excited to leave Oz now.... we understand that Utchimata and company are about done with their work on Bisou. We have a solar system yet to install, so we will be in LR for a while. Looking forward to meeting you both soon! Cheers, tpf
TPF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, Europe, rope