Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2011, 22:37   #1

Winter Rant . . .

Visited my sailboat yesterday for the first time this winter...shes far away from my place, so iv been anxious about her condition. I wandered if she was full of snow, if the mast had crumbled from my crapy improvised covering??...well the covering must have blown with the wind cause she was but naked when I got to her...first thing I noticed the mast has not mouved and only a foot of snow covered her...I was expecting worst.

as I shoveled the snow off I heard I few cracking sounds when walking her deck, then I realised maybe I shouldent be on her frozen deck? tho I am sure no damage was done.

it was nice going down the cabin and finding her dry, no water has frozen in her bildge...I sat on the salon bert and admiered her frosty interior...this boat is more then I asked for...I cant imagin any other boat...of coars a 35 or 40 footer would be more comfy...but unasasary for my needs.

I whent thru everything that needs to be done befor spring launching...mostly cleaning and painting and adding good seacocks.

the cushions ar good but the covers are 46 years old (like me) so I will change them...my gilfriend tryed the V bert for fits and claimed her side alredy...we are sailing away 2 months in may to madelains islands and new brunswick...meanwhile we are dreaming our voyage and reading all we can about sailing...all this to say that I cant whait for spring to show up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0285.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	439.5 KB
ID:	23278  
otherthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 23:01   #2

Very nice. Good story. I like it. Keep writing.
daddle is offline   Reply With Quote