Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 23:04   #1

Boat: Trintella 1a, 29ft
Trintella 29 help anyone?

Posted once already and got no useful information so will try again. Anybody out there have or know someone who has a Trintella 29? To my knowledge, there are two web sites, one in the UK, and one in the Netherlands, that deal with the trintella 29, but both are inactive.

Failing that, option 2 would be a forum or site that deals with older offshore heavy built cruisers such as the Trintella, Cheoy Lee, or Pearson Triton, etc. Thanks ahead of time.
trintella1a495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:54   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Offshore Yacht Class Owners' Association
Trintella 29

The Offshore Yacht Class Owners Association

Seacracker-Trintella Association
Seacracker-Trintella Yachts Association
http://www.trintella.org/

Trintella yachts
Although the Anne Wever yard does not exist anymore in the Netherlands, yacht are still built under the Trintella brand.

Trintella Yachts

Van de Stadt & Partners B.V. (Yacht Design)
Home page

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:11   #3

Boat: Trintella 1a, 29ft
trintella

Thanks Gordmay,

Thanks for the links. I appreciate you gathering the them for me. It seems that there is nothing current online dealing specifically with the Trintella 29 yacht.

On the offshore yacht class association link, there are no active posts relating to the Trintella 29.

The seacracker link relates to the trintella 33, and at any rate has no forum.

The last post on the Trintella Yachts website relating to the Trintella 29 was in 2003.

The Van De Stadt Design link has nothing about the Trintella 29 and primarily deals with current designs.

Not sure where to turn at this point. Maybe there just aren't enough them around anymore. I guess I could start up a new group.
trintella1a495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 14:04   #4

Boat: Trintella 1 & 28ft
Re: trintella

Quote:
Originally Posted by trintella1a495 View Post
Thanks Gordmay,

Thanks for the links. I appreciate you gathering the them for me. It seems that there is nothing current online dealing specifically with the Trintella 29 yacht.

On the offshore yacht class association link, there are no active posts relating to the Trintella 29.

The seacracker link relates to the trintella 33, and at any rate has no forum.

The last post on the Trintella Yachts website relating to the Trintella 29 was in 2003.

The Van De Stadt Design link has nothing about the Trintella 29 and primarily deals with current designs.

Not sure where to turn at this point. Maybe there just aren't enough them around anymore. I guess I could start up a new group.
I have a trintella 1 (1ft shorter than the 1a and even more rare).
I bought it a year ago with a broken wooden mast and heavy osmosis damage. for a price. I worked more then a year restoring it and building a new wooden mast.
I'm still not happy yet. She needs more varnish on the interior, a new table. And i have to take teak deck of and glue it back on and sand it down.

But at least she is sailing again and I love her. What information are you looking for? I have racing rating calculations and measurements on the original documents and the original yard flyer from the sixties.

There are quite a few left of the 1a model, I know 3 personally in Belgium and there have to be a lot more in the Netherlands.

However the only other model 1 i have ever seen is rotting away at a shipyard in Flushing in the Netherlands and for sale for a ridiculousness price.
ccgarnaal is offline   Reply With Quote