Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2015, 08:15   #1

Boat: Santana 37
Santana 37

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 1972 Santana 37 and am refurbishing her. I am looking for any information (plans, etc.) that a current or previous owner of a Santana 37 might have.

I called and emailed Schock boats (they weren't very helpful), and they said they no longer had any information on the 37.

Also, I would like to hear from any owners about modifications and/or upgrades that they have made, along with issues I need to watch for.

Gary
sailscubasurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 19:02   #2

Re: Santana 37

Hi Gary,

I found your post... Four years later! We are also looking at a Santana 37 and I was wondering if you would be able to share your experiences?
mikebarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 19:29   #3

Boat: Santana 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebarlow View Post
Hi Gary,

I found your post... Four years later! We are also looking at a Santana 37 and I was wondering if you would be able to share your experiences?
Mike, I'd be happy to. What questions do you have?

If there is a secure way to message me your email, I can respond to your questions at greater length.
sailscubasurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:06   #4

Thanks For getting back so quickly!

My wife and I are basically searching the internet to try to learn what others have done with their Santana 37s. In our case, we are in the process of purchasing one that has been already restored. We will need to maintain it and add other “nice to have” improvements but the major work seems to be all done.

Part of what intrigues me about this boat is the obscurity... there is so little information online. You are actually the first owner other than the current owner of the boat that I have been able to contact.

Anyhow... if you don’t mind... I am super curious about your experiences, both in restoration and how you have used the boat... what you like or what you might change... etc.

I set up my cruisersforum account to allow users to contact me directly via profile but I can’t see how to do that... they might have disabled that feature.

If it’s easier, you can contact me via PM in a couple of places:

Mike Barlow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1462374688

Directly:
Mike..... then the little “at” symbol.... then the next part is thebarlows..... and then the last part is adding a dot org (instead of a dot com)... Hopefully that is enough to keep the humans in and robots out!

Thanks again!
Mike
mikebarlow is offline   Reply With Quote