Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2012, 15:29   #61

Re: Sailing Tunes

Ohhhh, I SPECIALIZE in tropically themed music. LOL. My muse is the ocean; all of my jewelry designs are nautically themed and that kinda' stuff plays in my studio all day long...plus, I live at the shore!

Currently however, my very favorite stuff streams right from Kenny Chesney's No Shoes Radio. Can get it off of i Heart Radio, right off the NSR website and iTunes as well. Plus, there's a NSR app for iPhone. I listen to it all day, b/c it combines reggae, classic rock, country and even oldies. It's such a great blend, and he's definitely the "new" Jimmy Buffett. I love him as well. You get everything from Springsteen to Willie Nelson to 311, Bob Marley and Dave Matthews Band...it covers such a great range of music and plenty of live performances that I've never even heard before.

Aside from that, if you've never heard Kenny's album, Old Blue Chair, do yourself a favor and sink into the best coastal songbook I've ever listened to. I've worn that album OUT I've listened to it for so many years now. Even my 10 year old son has grown up with it and when we saw him perform here on the beach in Wildwood, NJ this summer, Ian was beside himself when he started to sing some of our favorite songs from that. It's really near and dear to my beach girl heart. <3

Thanks for all the great songs everyone! So many great pieces! I love Southern Cross, too.
JerseyMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 22:33   #62

Boat: 22' Westerly Nomad

Back in the 80s I listened to Judas Priest while pouring through Wooden Boat and Small Boat Journal magazines, and to this day, listening to old 80s JP songs just evokes a passion for sailing to me.
Old 28-08-2012, 12:26   #63

Boat: Beneteau 41

Thank you Cotemar for the redirect to an older (but very worthwhile) thread. It's given me a long list of songs to add to the boat list. Can't help but wonder why no one mentioned Eric Stone?

"I've been told a successful marriage is a polite compromise."
CapRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 19:50   #64

Boat: 1979 O'Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoennes
Sorry, have to do it, can't help it. Jimmy is only the sidekick. Zac Brown Band.

But if Jimmy-esque music gives you hives, here's another old classic that always takes me away.

Great song but a bit of a strange video.....don't think it quite captures the seemed meaning of the lyrics....still, it's my ringtone!!
WarmWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 13:06   #65

Boat: Heritage East 40
I doubt they thought it would be hit.
The Blue Heron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:40   #66

Boat: Moody 30
Love to listen to Calypso by John Denver. Great when the sun is dipping down on the horizon.

My son always starts our voyages with the Theme tune to master and commander blasting out. It seems to set the scene and puts us in the right mood.
Rob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:52   #67

Boat: 29'

Stan Rogers
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sailing