Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 05:41   #1

Robinhood / Cape Dory 36 Wanted in Phuket Thailand.

7 - 10 years ago I owned and lived aboard a Passport 40 that I kept in Phang-Nga-Bay (Andaman Sea) between Langkawi Malaysia and Phuket T'land. I eventually decided to build a home in Phuket and I found myself selling the boat. No regrets. It's a great house.

A couple months ago my wife and I were at the beach with our Golden Retreiver enjoying a cold H'ken at a bamboo beach bar watching the boats at anchor. It was a great afternoon. Then all of a sudden it got a lot better when I heard the words....."What do you think about getting another boat", come out of my lovely Thai wife. I almost choked on my beer.

She however had one condition. She went on to say that...."It must have a toilet". (Women....Haha) I thought about what she had said for about half a second before replying........."a toilet, I think I can find just the boat". I ordered another couple more cold beer and we toasted the moment while watching our Retreiver, "Mango", swim in the sea. Like I said, it was a great afternoon.

Having always been a fan of the Alberg 37, Cape Dory 36 and the more recent Robinhood 36, I now find myself in the market again. I would like
find an early-mid 1990's Robinhood 36 and have it transported to either Singapore or Port Klang Malaysia, splashed in the water and sailed up the
Malacca Straights to Phuket.

Plans are to use the boat for occasional short cruises around Phang-Nga-Bay. We have no plans to cross oceans. (This is why the B777 was invented)

If there are any Robinhood 36 owners who are thinking about selling thier boats, I would very much like to hear from you at: verticalift@ gmail.com

Thanks,

Ian Mitchell & Soransawan Charoenchaiwong
Phuket,
Thailand
verticalift is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cape dory, Thailand, wanted