Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2013, 05:32   #1

new owner coronado 23

hi 1st of many ? im sure,my boat is set up for head im told, is it a big deal to put 1 in, i see 2 tru hull fittings in front of boat on bottom but i do not see them on the inside thanking u in advance for whatever info u may give me john
johnlewis51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 20:04   #2

Boat: 1973 Coronado 23
Re: new owner coronado 23

What year is your Coronado? I have a 23' 1973 and it does have a head. I also have the original owners manual with all the technical information. I'd be happy to pass along any info.
RobbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 03:04   #3

not sure guy sold it to me said 75 they stopped making them before that , is head above or below waterline,mine is hidden in vberth in bow,my boat has a aux motor mount on back not in well,looks to me like i have a spot in back that has a tru hull mount also has hole in it for water to run into it, appears to be seperate fr. rest of boat it was empty and rest of boat had 10 inches in it i was wondering if water drains fr there into river and does water come into it fr river seems strange but true,i dont seem to have a chain link for anchor where and what would it look like, are u original owner with owners manual sure would like to see that does it show how to rig it out and everything, thanking u in advance for whatever info u may give me john
Old 20-05-2013, 08:32   #4

I actually just bought the Coronado last fall and have only sailed it a couple of times... I love it. It is so easy to sail, is the perfect size for my family and is surprisingly easy to work on. One of the reasons that I bought it was that it included all of the original documents with the owner's manual, schematics and drawings. Having the manuals makes it MUCH easier to work on. If you would like, I can make a copy of the manual for you. Just shoot me an e-mail at kidntrope@gmail.com. That should answer all of your questions working on the boat. Good luck with your project.
Old 20-05-2013, 08:35   #5

the spot that i think i am refering to would be where the well was for outboard appears to be sealed except for tru hull fitting also looks like a line is comming from there to sail what do u think
Old 20-05-2013, 11:36   #6

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Congratulations on the "new" boat! It's really fun trying to sort these things out isn't it?
Old 20-05-2013, 12:25   #7

Boat: Colin Archer 36', steel

We had a 73' as well, the shoal keel version. Your Coronado 23 if has a head would be correct that it is in v- berth well. The boat was designed for outboard. The only opening near stern that I remember was a dorade vent for fuel tank. We would put portable fuel tank in locker and run fuel line out dorade cowl to outboard. You need to be attentive to cracks in cabin top below mast step from compression, as this is only real problem we had with boat during ownership. You have two thru-hulls for cockpit drains. Unless previous owner added more for some reason.
Old 20-05-2013, 13:11   #8

yes it sure is fun sorting these things out and when u are done u have something, it is nice to hear fr people that had 1 like it cause they can be helpfull but to have somebody like robbij who has manual and is willing to share, wow and thanks, on 73 did it have well for outboard,also would the head be consider under waterline,thanking u in advance john,ps i have a spec. sheet i found i will put a shortcut to it here CORONADO 23 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
Old 06-06-2013, 13:56   #9

does anybody know how to remove rutter on these guys
Old 06-06-2013, 15:58   #10

Funny thing about the rudder/tiller, I just about took a hammer to mine. However, it does lift and twist out. The sucker is pretty heavy and might need two people to life and twist it just right.
Old 06-06-2013, 16:26   #11

do u haft to lossen anything before u lift and twist and which way do u need to twist thanks
Old 07-06-2013, 13:02   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlewis51 View Post
do u haft to lossen anything before u lift and twist and which way do u need to twist thanks
There is nothing to loosen (probably not what you wanted to hear), just lay it all the way over and start lifting and wiggling. If it doesn't work send me a pic and I will see if it is the same. It took us quite a while to get it off and it was very frustrating. It seemed like it didn't fit but in the end it did lift off.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:20   #13

it is off as u said took alot of playing around but got it out,see threads on rod where it goes tru hull wondering if it should have the big nut that u would use with tru hull fitting, may get 1 just to see if it fits threads