Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 18:14   #16
Registered User

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17
Re: Jeanneau 479 vs. Bavaria Cruiser 46

Have you considered the Beneteau Oceanis 45 or 48?


Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________

__________________
NYCSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 20:00   #17
Registered User
 
RKsailsolo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: St Paul, US
Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015
Posts: 706
Re: Jeanneau 479 vs. Bavaria Cruiser 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartBaker View Post
Wingman,
Where are you sailing your vision? I ordered a Vision 46 with an April delivery in Lake Erie.

Stuart
Congrats. Who is your dealer?
__________________

__________________
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:50   #18
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Underway in the Med -
Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates
Posts: 1,904
Images: 1
Re: Jeanneau 479 vs. Bavaria Cruiser 46

this may say it all -- not your size but the quality and stamina of a Jeanneau - 108 boats started the race and almost a third dropped out due to really bad weather -

Shuguang Haiyang - Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race 2015
__________________
just our thoughts and opinions
chuck and svsoulmates
In Marmaris Turkey for the winter
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 13:47   #19
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 122
Re: Jeanneau 479 vs. Bavaria Cruiser 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
this may say it all -- not your size but the quality and stamina of a Jeanneau - 108 boats started the race and almost a third dropped out due to really bad weather -

Shuguang Haiyang - Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race 2015
Noticed this as well. Some reputable designers and boats there. Just to finish was a big deal. Only one mass production boat among those that dropped out.
__________________
nortonscove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 15:27   #20
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sausalito, Ca
Boat: Bavaria Vision 46
Posts: 16
Re: Jeanneau 479 vs. Bavaria Cruiser 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartBaker View Post
Wingman,
Where are you sailing your vision? I ordered a Vision 46 with an April delivery in Lake Erie.

Stuart
StuartBaker,
I sail my boat out of Sausalito, Ca. We sail the bay and out the gate and the on coast. I agree with you. The Jeanneau DS fit issues and squeaks with each step on the sole dropped it in the rankings when I bought mine. Best of luck with your new Bavaria Vision. You will love it!
__________________
TheWingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 23:46   #21
Registered User
 
SofiaB's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lake Erie, Ohio
Boat: Bavaria Vision 46
Posts: 42
Re: Jeanneau 479 vs. Bavaria Cruiser 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoMyHealth View Post
One disappointment we had with the B46 was the decks. The faux teak was crazy hot in the sun and the non-skid has this Lego type pattern that is uncomfortable on our bare feet. We ruled it out because if those issues. Otherwise, a really nice looking and well laid out modern cruiser. I hear it sails well, too. Enjoy your search!


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Faux decks are actually a very expensive option. Teak decks are far less expensive but still an option. "Sailaway" standard price ahould be increased by 100k if you want bow thruster, elec winches, cushions, elec head...

Not everyones taste but if you like modern and good sailer this might be a great bout for you.
__________________
SofiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 06:45   #22
Registered User
 
Polux's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portugal/Med
Boat: Comet 41s
Posts: 5,765
Re: Jeanneau 479 vs. Bavaria Cruiser 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofiaB View Post
Faux decks are actually a very expensive option. Teak decks are far less expensive but still an option. "Sailaway" standard price ahould be increased by 100k if you want bow thruster, elec winches, cushions, elec head...

Not everyones taste but if you like modern and good sailer this might be a great bout for you.
Teak is also very hot in the summer in hot climates to the point of not being able to stand barefoot.

The only thing that seems to be nice and less hot are cork decks made in an industrial way, I mean made with cork but also with resins. Garcia and Allures are using them as standard in their boats. The first one to use it standard was ETAP on their last boat, the 46DS.

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 20:55   #23
Registered User
 
SofiaB's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lake Erie, Ohio
Boat: Bavaria Vision 46
Posts: 42
Re: Jeanneau 479 vs. Bavaria Cruiser 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Teak is also very hot in the summer in hot climates to the point of not being able to stand barefoot.

The only thing that seems to be nice and less hot are cork decks made in an industrial way, I mean made with cork but also with resins. Garcia and Allures are using them as standard in their boats. The first one to use it standard was ETAP on their last boat, the 46DS.

Beautiful boat; I do like the decking. I'm sure the cork decks are not an inexpensive upgrade. Just posted that the Dura Deck option, which I agree with you is way too hot, cost around $29K on a 46' Bav. Teak decks were around $25k. Nice that production builders are offering these choices though.
__________________

__________________
SofiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bavaria, cruise, cruiser, jeanneau

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beneteau, Bavaria and Jeanneau bg9208 Monohull Sailboats 36 17-05-2015 13:52
Can Jeanneau , Bavaria or Beneteau Be Good as Ocean Crossing Boats ? ibrgic Monohull Sailboats 571 31-12-2013 08:32
Bavaria 50 Cruiser vs Jeanneau 49 Leif Monohull Sailboats 3 01-03-2011 11:42



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:49.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.