Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2023, 16:35   #1

Dromor Triton 48 - opinions?

Hey!
I have an opportunity to buy a Dromor Triton 48 for a good price (will need work, as it is sitting on a dry dock for several years). I don’t know much on the boat yet, but not finding much information on the maker and the model itself. Seems that it’s not a common model.

Do someone own(ed) this boat and could share some thoughts? I’m going to see it later this month.
Mazzeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 16:46   #2

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail
Re: Dromor Triton 48 - opinions?

Not an owner, just looking at what information that is available.

In my opinion this is an attractive vessel. It should have very good sailing characteristics. It is a classic IOR influenced hull design of moderate specifications.

The key will be the condition and the work required. If the boat has been in storage for a long period of time it will have many systems which are non-functional. What was the reason it was not relaunched and sailed again?

A good survey and as much information as possible about its history would be valuable.
Old 05-03-2023, 23:40   #3

Thanks!

This vessel was caught smuggling and locked up all these years, while waiting for court decision. It was good as new and well equipped when locked, but not sure how it is now. I’ll be able to visit it later this month and I have a good friend which made several boat restorations, I’ll ask him to come with me. I found a couple for sale, between 60~90k€, I can probably get this one for 30~35k€, so it might worth the trouble restoring it.
Mazzeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 00:42   #4

This is a yacht build in Greece by Dromor yachts. There is a good reputation on yachts build in Greece since early 70's starting with Dick Carter designs and later with several other builders like Dromor Yachts. The point is that most of the later designs where aiming at the charter market that is flourishing in Greece and these boats had extensive use plus the fact that internal design is with many cabins to accommodate more people that usually is the norm in this busyness. Check this link https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/triton-48.
simer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 13:56   #5

Boat: Amel 50

Look at skiff.pl they sail Triton 48 for about 10 years now, twice circumnavigation .
Cpt. Michal will answer your questions for sure.
Freshman is offline   Reply With Quote