Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2013, 16:45   #76
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi
Re: Buchan Sailboats

How tall is the stick, number of spreaders, dimensions of the extrusion??
roverhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 10:39   #77

hello all mariners spruce mast is fine shape 49' 8" spreaders at 26' 6" 4 feet long eitherside all sails roller furling it was original Buchan 37.
shipwright mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 11:30   #78

I am restoring another buchan 37 and might be interested in things. Where is Thunder? You can email me directly at Lilette@aol.com, I'm new to this forum and find the navigation confusing
Big Mir Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 16:50   #79

oh dear cyberspace!THUNDER's hull is gone but not forgotten what's you need?
shipwright mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 13:54   #80

Re: VAMOSE SAILS AGAIN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSON View Post
I am the new owner of "VAMOSE" HULL BB-606 originally built for Bill Lieberman in 1970?. I am interested in being all your friends, Distance, Gamin, Big Mir, and the rest, I have many questions to ask, but the first, what the heck is under my companionway? I have a large diesel engine, it may be chinese, or japanese? what did they use to power it? Where is the water tank? Has anyone ever mounted an outboard to the transom or made a outboard motor well in the aft compartment? Sorry about the ? s will include pics later. My email is inthenameofthefree@gmail.com. Thank You
Hi, just wanted to drop in and give you some history about Vamose. I was only on her for 3 weeks as a 13yo boy in July of 1967. At that time she was owned by the original owner, Bill Lieberman. Luckily for me I was friends with the son of a Boeing Engineer named Jim Allison. Bill let Jim use Vamose as we cruised from Sidney BC thru the American San Juan's and all the way up to Stuart Island BC. We had several "adventures" when our anchorage came loose one night and the worst is when we ran aground in the sand just west of Merry Island during the lowest tide of the year. Vamose was completely on her side on the bare sand as the tide went out. No damage but we had to wait until evening before she would float free and clear again. But I got to see her bottom. And a fine bottom it was!!
She was built in early 1965 with production number BB-606 and was the 5th "production line" fibre-glass hull. I loved when I got to take the rudder and even learned how to raise and trim the sails. It was a dream come true for an aspiring 13yo sailor. So glad to hear the old girl is still making people happy.
Best of luck
Bob Kaster
P.S. My Dad Bill Kaster used to work for Dick and Helen Ulm at the old Sailboats Unlimited on Lake Union...so that is how I got my interest in sailboats. Later we owned a Coronado 25 and Catalina 27 and used to race them off Leschi. Those were great days!!!
Bob Kaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 15:46   #81

Re: Buchan 37

I used to have a Bucan 37 "Hustler" built by Bill Bucan in 69. Was moored in Blain Wa. For many years. Was extreamly light and quite fast. Not a cruiser though. Was built to race. Had a great ti.e on her.
Aquaal is offline   Reply With Quote