Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 07:55   #1

Bavaria

My wife was doing a search on Yacht World and found some very reasonably priced Bavaria yachts but every one she saw over 40 foot or so, was located outside of the US. Is there some reason you don't see any of the older boats for sale here? Is it a USCG issue or something else?
Old 11-06-2013, 14:41   #2
Marine Service Provider

It has nothing to do with USCG. Bavaria hasn't sold as many boats in te states as Beneteau or Jeanneau. The reason you see so many available overseas is because they were used heavily in the charter business. Shoot me a pm of there is anything I can do to help.
Old 11-06-2013, 15:30   #3
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: Bavaria

Quote:
The reason you see so many available overseas is because they were used heavily in the charter business.
far more Bavarias in private hands in Europe then charter. Go into any marina in Europe, see lots of them

dave
Old 12-06-2013, 00:21   #4

Boat: Bavaria 38

Bavaria are making inroads on the Market in Australia, but are not extensively used in charter yet. i own a share in a 38 kept at the whitsundays, it works well for me.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:09   #5

Right after I posted that thread I sent an email to Bavaria and got this back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Feld, Managing Director
Hello Mac,

Although Bavaria has been a dominant brand in Europe for decades, we have just begun to truly bring Bavaria to the US market in a meaningful way in late 2011. There were some Bavarias sold in the US prior to 2011, but distributorship had been spotty in the past. That said, there are some number of older model Bavarias in the US, but there are not a lot of owners selling, as you might now Bavaria makes some of the highest quality most durable boats on the market, so turnover is generally low everywhere in the world and resale values are pretty solid.

Let us know what you are looking for and we might be able to help, as we are i touch with many of the older model Bavaria owners. Also, you might not be looking for a newer boat, but we have just put three Spring Show hulls on the market at good prices as we make room for new orders we just placed for Fall Shows. Now available are Vision 42, Vision 46, and and Cruiser 50, ready to sail away for this season.

We also have a 2011 Cruiser 45 that is available for charter ownership in Mystic, CT (basically you cover all your costs of ownership for the year with income you make, but still can sail your boat for 2,3,4 weeks this season, next season you can take it anywhere you'd like). We have a great price on this boat. She could possibly also be available for straight purchase at the end of this charter season in Mystic.

Lots of options, let us know what you're looking for no matter what vintage, and we can help find something to fit your needs.

Best Regards and thanks,
Can't ask for a better answer than that!

Tags
bavaria