Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2013, 07:11   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to tonybonelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmongstad View Post

thanks for replying....

I understand that for an almost 20 year old charter boat there will be upgrades and service to be made...

my ultimate concern and that you touched is the strength... its good to hear you deem it strong... how will you say the rudder and keel construction is?

best regards

martin
when I bought it, it had a little damage on the rudder, which was fixed. Keel is ok, I've grounded on the rocks last October and came off using motor and bowthruster... After that I found no leakage. The boat has 2 steering wheels, which I find very convenient. It is well balanced and can be steered using sails, but I've put an autopilot to enjoy cruising.
Old 22-08-2013, 08:13   #17

Re: Atlantic 49 Sailboats?

Hi

if your still looking I have just been asked to try and sell one of these for a friendof a friend I am a retired Captain/ Surveyor. if you would like to hear about it get back to me. the people are very keen sellers.and the Boat is in Cyprus.

I am not on a commission by the way. but could act as your advisor and do a survey for you.
fuzzflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 15:00   #18

Re: Atlantic 49 Sailboats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzflyer View Post
Hi

if your still looking I have just been asked to try and sell one of these for a friendof a friend I am a retired Captain/ Surveyor. if you would like to hear about it get back to me. the people are very keen sellers.and the Boat is in Cyprus.

I am not on a commission by the way. but could act as your advisor and do a survey for you.
Hi... i am still looking for a boat anyway... although i havent been looking at atlantic 49 for a while... been looking more around 40' size...

that said im still open for the the atlantic 49... so if you have some more information on the boat or contact info i would appriciate that... and if a sale is probablei would also like a survey when we get to that....

mmongstad is offline   Reply With Quote