Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 04:33   #1

Boat: Dufour Gib Sea 51
Smile St Martin to Panama, Tahiti, Ausstralia

Hi this will be a bit lengthy as our requirements and plans are detailed.
We are a family of 5, me 47, wifey 46, kids 10, 7 6yrs (F,M,M) looking for a crew to assist with home schooling and sailing. We are Aussies who have cruised pre kids who have just purchased a boat in St Martin and are venturing with the kids back home on a pretty tight schedule.
Plan is to depart St Martin about last week in May hop through a few islands such as the San Blas and be through the Panama Canal by 4th July.
There a skipper and a few mates will take the boat through to Papeete whilst we all head back to Australia for about 8 weeks. Then we fly back to Tahiti to rejoin the boat and hightail it for Sydney or as far as we get by October 10th.
The boat is a Dufour Gib Sea 51 which is having lots of work done in St Martin to make her ready for the passages. Safety is the priority especially with the family aboard so although we have dates set, adjustments may still occur... She has new rigging, mainsail, life raft, SSB, AIS, radar etc etc there are 5 cabins & WC,s ( yeah i know) so privacy is assured
About us.. As said earlier we cruised as a couple on a 40ft Steel yacht for about 2yrs in the western Pacific in 1997-99 and have since done lots of other sailing. I,m a commercial master in Oz and a yachtmaster instructor. I've got about 20000 ocean miles under the belt both racing and cruising having sailed from Oz to the UK via The Cape of Good Hope.
This time we are looking to give the kids a bit of an education in life and an adventure. They are used to being on boats although not as liveaboards and are good swimmers and just happy in and around the water and boats.
We have had au pairs live with us in the past so are used to sharing our space and being aware of others special needs. We are looking for someone who can inspire the kids and help them to get through their schoolwork for about 3 hrs a day with the rest of the day to explore and experience different cultures along the way. When we are not on passage we are totally flexible with taking time away from the routine and will accommodate this where possible. We are an easy going non smoking eat pretty much anything healthy family. As much as we are on a schedule, this is also about having some fun along the way and are looking for someone of similar nature.
We are looking for either someone for individual legs ( St Martin to Panama, Panama to Tahiti, Tahiti to Australia) or the whole nine yards, but not really open to sections of legs.
Some boats ask for a per day contribution plus food, but as we have a special need for additional services we wouldn't be asking for any of this for someone who is able to provide the home schooling assistance. The right person is preferably someone with some sailing experience and who has been a live-in nanny or au pair looking for an adventure.
Send us a PM for more details if this sounds like something for you.
Cheers
Drew n Jay
SV Knot Crazy
Old 05-04-2014, 12:00   #2

Re: St Martin to Panama, Tahiti, Ausstralia

Hi
Im interested in your trip
i am currently in Central America and looking for crewing opportunities in the Pacific.
I have good sailing experience from sailing across the Atlantic, in the Caribbean and Europe. I am a helpful and friendly crew member who is easy to get along with. I am available immediately to start sailing, I dont have experience with nanny type stuff but i would be more than willing to help out. however, I would be most interested to join the part of the trip from Panama to Tahiti, please contact me if you are interested, best is to email me:
mansoncol@gmail.com
I can send you more information about myself and my experience and qualifications.
I hope to hear from you soon
Kindest regards
Colin
Old 08-04-2014, 15:45   #3

Boat: 105ft Intermarine Motor yacht
Re: St Martin to Panama, Tahiti, Ausstralia

Hi, I'm seriously contemplating this! Ive just handed in my notice as a cook/stew on a yacht in Nassau, Bahamas and I'm looking for something new. Im an ex-school teacher from the UK but I have limited sailing experience, I sailed as a child and I spent 2 weeks in 2012 sailing up the coast of Scotland with friends. Let me know if you'd be interested, please send me an email at calplank@gmail.com and I can send you my CV
Many thanks
Caroline

Tags
Panama, St Martin, tahiti