Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2017, 05:10   #1

Panama-Galapagos/French Polynesia

Bob and Mary Lu are retired, Americans, in our 60's and sailing our beautiful Amel 54. Headed to the Pacific for adventure. We are considering having another couple along for company and help with watches.
Ideal guests would be experienced sailors, healthy, younger than us, NON-SMOKERS, NO DRUGS, and flexible schedule.
Current plan is canal transit early March, maybe a few weeks in Galapagos, then cruise French Polynesia for a few months.
We cover all boat costs, you get yourself to and from the boat.
bobhodgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:36   #2

Boat: 37', Southerly 115
Re: Panama-Galapagos/French Polynesia

Hi Bob, Mary Lu - This sounds like something that may be a good fit for where my husband and I are in our journey. We are in our 40s and have been sailing to get our skills up to speed for a couple of years now. We have a Flying Scot at the local sailing club where we race weekly to challenge our skills and knowledge. We charter larger boats when we can get away for weeks at a time. We are looking to start longer trips soon and would love to find a way to meet you in person and get to know you. We live in Texas now. Let me know if you would like to connect!
apalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 23:23   #3

Hi Bob/Mary,

I know you are looking for a couple to join you but would you also consider one more person. My wife doesn't sail so that leaves me alone. I am from Singapore, sort of semi-retired and I have always wanted to sail to the S. Pacific. I have sailed several times (each 2 weeks period) with a friend in Thailand, island-hopping and I once chartered a sailboat in Marina Del Rey, CA. I've ASA 104 certification but wouldn't consider myself an experience sailor. During March/April I will be visiting LA and wonder if timing might just be right to sail with you and Mary. Let me know what you think and if there's a possibility we can connect via email. You can PM me and I can provide more information about myself. Thanks.

Philip
psiow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:08   #4

Hi Mary and Bob,
My name is Eduard and my wife name is Marta. We are from Prague-Czech Republic. Both we have Certificates of Competence Yachtmaster issued by Ministry of Transport. I have Yachtmaster Offshore and Marta has Yachtmaster Coastal. In 2016 we were sailing in French Polynesia nearly 1 month-it was phenomenal! I warmly recommend you! I can send you some photoes, if you want. We would like to accompany you on your voyage. Please contact me thru e-mail: eda.matonoha@gmail.com
Best Regard
Eduard
Skiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:09   #5

Boat: Beneteau 361

PM sent
skalashn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:29   #6

Greeting to the both you. I would be very interested in joining you, having sailed a Super Maramu, the transition would be almost nil. My wife does not sail nor would she join us, that is, of course if you opted to select me to join you. I am a retired corporate aircraft tech, drama free, can cook, stand watch, help with everything you may need. The Amel is a beautiful boat and great to sail. Look forward to hear from you. Cheers, Steve
P3sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:36   #7

Hello again, Bob & Mary Lu,
Just a slight correction, my wife is interested in joining. She's very social and upbeat, not lazy, and very easy to get along with. The Amel would spoil her, though!
P3sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 18:55   #8

We are a couple, also in 60s but can certainly share watches! Moderate experience and several ASA certifications. No smoking or drugs. Safe.
RealSailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 20:45   #9

Dear Shipmates
My name is Paolo, and I am a good chef who specializes in italian food. The wanderlust has got me. I'm traveling from 1 year in Us and Mexico but I am open to exploring new opportunities anywhere.
My most recent placements have been onboard photography, snorkeling and wilderness charters. I'm currently serving fine dining on a restaurant located in Miami, Florida.
My duties include:
- Provisioning, prepping, cooking and serving meals plus snacks and dessert for guests.
- Being the hostess for our guests.
- Instructing and assisting guests.
- Keeping the boat tidy while we have guests onboard and deep cleaning between groups
- Helping the captain and mate with basic deckhand duties, keeping the decks clean
I'd like to try a boat experience since I'm a goal-oriented person, eager to learn the sail.
My intention was never to travel for free, I volunteer my time to help the crew with their works.
I would learn the sailing and offer my support in exchange for helping, taking a guard duty, cooking, cleaning and boat maintenance.
I do not drink or smoke, but I don't mind others doing so.
I can teach you italian or just entertain you with my stories.
I have sailed a very short time, I wanna know the basics and learn fast.
I have the ability to befriend people of all ages and from all walks of life. I enjoy getting to know new people and forming connections with the people I feed. I am tidy, respectful, and try my best to maintain an upbeat attitude. I love to eat delicious food, have a laugh with friends, and generally just enjoy life.
My biggest areas of interest trying a sailing chance for future are Caribbean or French Polynesia, but I could be flexible if a great opportunity presents itself.
I'd like to join the crew and I'm happy to offer my energy services as a sidekick deckhand.
I should be so grateful to him if you could give me this fresh experience.
Thank you all in advance!

A little about myself, my interests and my plans
- confident swimmer, rarely/unlikely seasick, good listener, good communicator, no body piercings, no facial piercings, travel light (little luggage), respectful, fit & healthy, friendly, polite, LGBTIQ accepting, diligent, positive outlook, skilled, organised, trustworthy, open minded, enthusiastic, easy going, sense of humor, available on my own, enjoy cooking, don't mind cleaning, can follow orders, enjoy teaching, live on little money
- I left my place and have been having a need exploring new places... and exploring these places from the sea is a new favorite way to see them! My plans are currently pretty flexible if I finish my season in Florida this time.

My motivation and reasons to crew on a boat
- share experience, visit remote places, seek adventure, fulfill a dream, face challenges, finding myself, gain experience, learn to sail, sustainable travel, travel
- The SEA is my happy place! I grew up near the beach and have been swimming since I was barely walking. I love the sea and would love to spend time on a boat.
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 15:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhodgins View Post
Bob and Mary Lu are retired, Americans, in our 60's and sailing our beautiful Amel 54. Headed to the Pacific for adventure. We are considering having another couple along for company and help with watches.
Ideal guests would be experienced sailors, healthy, younger than us, NON-SMOKERS, NO DRUGS, and flexible schedule.
Current plan is canal transit early March, maybe a few weeks in Galapagos, then cruise French Polynesia for a few months.
Dear Bob and Mary Lu,
I also posted a message a while ago as I would like to sail to/in Galapagos. Can I be of help? I am also in my 60's, strong woman, experienced sailer in Europe, Azores, Pacific. Based in The Netherlands, next month Fiji. If you like, let me know if you are still searching for company.
Elizabeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 09:10   #11

Boat: Sit on top kayak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhodgins View Post
Dear Bob and Lu,
Sailing with you seems like a marvelous opportunity. I have been crewing for four years on mono and multi hauls in the Mediterranean, the Bahamas, SE Asia and the South Pacific. I enjoy helping with all the basic jobs on deck, and also taking turns at the galley and night watches. I am a healthy 54 years old yoga teacher. I would be happy to share my daily practice with you or your guests if convenient. I am a Biologist on sabbatical, speak fluent Spanish and English. I am learning French and bread making. I do not smoke, no drugs except beer and wine in moderation. Please let me know if I could be of help throughout your journey!!
Attached Files

"Wherever you go, there you are!"
Neptina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 13:50   #12

Boat: Tayana 37, Farallon 25, Tahiti 16

PM sent.
Rearsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 11:28   #13

I have pm you. [emoji4]

Tags