Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2024, 18:26   #1

Boat: Catalina 42 MK I
Need Skipper&Crew Fiji to N.Amer.Coast

I left my immaculate 51' Formosa Ketch at Vuda, Fiji when I came back to LA for work. Covid shut down Fiji. I couldn't get back to her. I eventually sold her, and now have unbelievably just purchased her back. I have a job in LA starting soon. It's possible I could come over and get her further E., maybe Samoa or Tahiti. Seeking someone with great experience to sail her either from Fiji (or Samoa, maybe) to West coast N. Amer.; ideally LA, but flexible vis a vis weather, could end up being San Francisco or ??? I owned and loved her for 20 years, sailed her many miles, incl.to S.America, S.Pacific. The fellow I sold her to owns a full service marina, in other words, she has continued to be well kept, equipped and ready to sail. I'm looking for a couple hands who can bring her home to me. Thanks!
Geoff H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 13:01   #2

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop
Re: Need Skipper&Crew Fiji to N.Amer.Coast

When ?
I am Available from mid August 2024 .
HVYJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 15:13   #3

Hi Jimmy, looks like you've got some good miles on you per your profile here, which sounds good. I'm hoping to get her moving this way quite a bit sooner than August though. Will keep you in mind if my hopes for that don't materialize. Please let me know if your calendar opens up for anything sooner. Many thanks for reaching out.
Geoff
San Diego
Old 03-04-2024, 09:43   #4

Hi, I have a delivery from Mexico to Alaska leaving soon, but after am available, have crew. 100ton license, 20 years experience, reasonable prices, excellent service - please reach out bethsadler at gmail dot com if you're still looking. Congrats on getting your boat back!
bethsadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:14   #5

Boat: 1976 Fantasia35 Mk I

What are the financial details: transportation to and from the boat, boat and food expenses, per diem while on board? I am interested but I have a delivery scheduled from HI to Mexico that should end by late May. Would that fit into your schedule?
Pukakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 18:44   #6

Boat: Hobie 16

Hello,
I am available. My license is expired but I could otherwise skipper your boat back to the mainland. Otherwise, I could just sign on as crew too if you find a different captain. Depending on the amount of help, I would charge a daily rate.
Please find my sailing experience here on this site under my profile 'about me'.

Thanks,

Andrew Hungerford
443 254 6093
hungerf@hotmail.com
Hobieandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 08:09   #7

Re: Amended: Now just need Crew, Fiji to N.Amer.Coast

Thank you everyone who has responded, much appreciated. I want to update here: I have secured the skipper, a very well experienced and former Navy officer and then Coast Guard Captain who is smart and even has a sense of humor, who I was lucky enough to sit down with this week. He is heading out today on another delivery but returns in June when he will undertake getting Un Mundo home to me. If weather permits he will head N and NE out of Vuda Fiji, pass S of Hawaii (allowing a possible stop there if desired) and then continue E to the west coast USA. I have been tasked with finding him crew. If this is something that you or someone you know would be available for and interested in, please send me a PM. Your expenses for travel, food and any necessary lodging will be covered. I am beyond ecstatic to be getting my very well found and beautiful boat back. Thank you.
Geoff
San Diego
Old 08-04-2024, 08:04   #8

Boat: 1976 Fantasia35 Mk I

Thanks for the update. I am interested, please read my qualifications on this website.
Pukakai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, Fiji, ramp, skipper