Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2019, 10:48   #1

Boat: 2000 Donzi Z275
Help on a 27ft Cabin Cruiser on the Great Loop

Young lady wanted to help my husband and I go on a boating trip this summer on various rivers and lakes to assist with launching, docking and going through locks. We have a 30ft cabin cruiser that sleeps 4, with a galley and a head. Space and privacy is limited. Trips will be long periods of relaxation with bits of intense activity. Enjoy being on the water and know how to swim or be willing to learn. Must be able to run, jump and climb. We will provide room and board and possibly a small stipend or be willing to share expenses. This will be negotiable.
Sparks5501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:04   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser
Re: Help on a 27ft Cabin Cruiser on the Great Loop

Old 13-05-2019, 02:33   #3

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000

I'm not a young lady, or a young man for that matter. But if you need experienced competent crew I'm available.
ughmo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 23:18   #4

Boat: 2000 Donzi Z275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughmo2000 View Post
I'm not a young lady, or a young man for that matter. But if you need experienced competent crew I'm available.
Thank you for your response. We have a power boat. We are rookie power boat owners that want to do some cruising. We went on our first multi-day cruise on the TN river from Nickajack Lake to Chattanooga Fathers Day weekend. It was fun, but my husband got stressed out and didn't enjoy it as much as he could because i was trying to handle lines, dock, anchor, while he's doing the driving. I missed the cleats alot, got tangled in the lines. It would have been a funny video. I just wish i had an experienced boater to show me how to do these things without getting out of the boat. Our Donzi is a very light, single engine boat. Turns out they are the hardest to maneuver. I am not physically able to go fast, run, jump. I want to do the loop eventually. Other boaters, cruisers I've met say practice practice practice. Several ladies have shown me how they do it, so i guess i haven't found the sweet spot yet.

I am going to take the ad down. If i want my dream to come true, i have to work at it. Any help would be appreciated.
Sparks5501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 00:03   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Why, what is wrong with the add?

You're right, single engined sports cruisers are difficult to handle with so little hull in the water the wind catches them and makes life tricky, so do take the canvas off before leaving. Also having a hoofing great big engine doesn't make for easy handing in a marina until you have some experience.

So find some space and spend a day practising "bumps and grinds" alongside an empty pontoon with lots of fenders deployed. Then practise coming up to a buoy. If you have a swim platform it is often easier to use a long rope from the bow to the stern then stand on the stern to connect it to a buoy. However, the rope must not be long enough to reach the propeller.

Can you park a car in Walmart? then with a little practise you can drive a boat too and hubby can go scrabbling around with the ropes and fenders

If it helps, we all started off like this, so go out and practise. Take a picnic and make a day of it.

Good luck and please do wear a life jacket.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabin, cruise, cruiser