Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2018, 08:31   #1

Boat: Oops -jumped the gun
Great Lakes 14 days with flexible start

Hi all,

I bought a boat, 41' Columbia custom ketch, which is currently in Manistee, Michigan.

The boat is going to St. Catharines (or someplace in the GTA, might end up being closer to Toronto.) I'd like to have one or two more hands, with some sailing experience, to join in. I have no problems with a couple. In fact you'd get the aft master cabin. My friend and I are happy with the two single berths forward.

It would be easier if you were from the GTA as we could all drive to the boat and sail back together. It will be roughly an 8 hour drive there.

Using Navionics it appears to be a 14 day trip sailing 10 hours a day. I don't plan on any night sailing.

Now, the beauty of this is when we can start. I have until Aug 15 to start the trip. That doesn't mean that's the start date. With a booked crew the start date can be anywhere from July 26th onward.

All your expenses, food, whatever entertainment we choose, etc. will be paid. You need a valid passport for this trip.

I'm hoping I get a couple of keen sailors who are eager to see more of the Great Lakes and add that traverse to their log!

Contact me here using the private message function. Thanks

Want to be delivery captains are encouraged to reply!
Old 17-07-2018, 09:51   #2

Re: Great Lakes 14 days with flexible start

PM sent. Martin Parr
katoema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 20:02   #3

I am very interested in this journey! I have sailed in Lake Michigan for several years onboard my 36’ Islander. I am retired,in good health,a good heart and soul I am blessed with,have all my own safety/weather gear if needed,and get along quite well with all. I only live a short distance from Manistee as well. I do not smoke/chew/or drink to excess ,yet love a glass of wine or a good bourbon to end the day. Being retired,I am available most anytime with notice. Thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely, Bruce V.
bvarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 15:18   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallythacker View Post
Hi all,

I bought a boat, 41' Columbia custom ketch, which is currently in Manistee, Michigan.

The boat is going to St. Catharines (or someplace in the GTA, might end up being closer to Toronto.) I'd like to have one or two more hands, with some sailing experience, to join in. I have no problems with a couple. In fact you'd get the aft master cabin. My friend and I are happy with the two single berths forward.

It would be easier if you were from the GTA as we could all drive to the boat and sail back together. It will be roughly an 8 hour drive there.

Using Navionics it appears to be a 14 day trip sailing 10 hours a day. I don't plan on any night sailing.

Now, the beauty of this is when we can start. I have until Aug 15 to start the trip. That doesn't mean that's the start date. With a booked crew the start date can be anywhere from July 26th onward.

All your expenses, food, whatever entertainment we choose, etc. will be paid. You need a valid passport for this trip.

I'm hoping I get a couple of keen sailors who are eager to see more of the Great Lakes and add that traverse to their log!

Contact me here using the private message function. Thanks

Want to be delivery captains are encouraged to reply!
Have you found anyone yet?
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 15:19   #5

Have you found anyone yet?
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great lakes