Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2014, 08:15   #1

Boat: Mason 34
Florida Keys - Bahamas

Looking for crew, single or couple, to explore the Keys and then to the Bahamas. Start around first of December to end of February - flexible on schedule.

Boat is a Mason 34, a true blue water boat.

I'd be pleased to work out the details with all responders.

Regards
Old 16-09-2014, 23:50   #2

Re: Florida Keys - Bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunfeld View Post
Looking for crew, single or couple, to explore the Keys and then to the Bahamas. Start around first of December to end of February - flexible on schedule.

Regards
Hi there
I am a first time 'yatchie' and would like to join your crew. I am from South Africa and am a hard working woman. I am 24 years old and have a passion for photography.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Sarah-Jane
Old 17-09-2014, 07:14   #3

Hello Sarah Jane

I've sent you a message through the system here.

Hope to hear back soon.

Regards
Old 18-09-2014, 13:40   #4

Greetings captain,
On my card, I have " Ole salt sailor adventurist ", In the past 4 years, I have had the pleasure of rekindling my love ,fear relationship with that wonderful woman the sea. I sailed a 30 ft. Lipincott from kent island, maryland How cool it was to drop anchor @ sunset in key west on Christmas eve. did the winter workin crab & lobster boats, was fun interesting & a nice reminder, I can still work my ass off, which made me reconsider why , I was there. Than did a stint on a morgan to Bahamas's with a mate & a new boat buyer, what an adventure that turned out to be. after 3 1/2 days of 65 m.p.h. winds & 20 ft. seas, we had the owner take them helm, for no sleep or food for the 3 days, we were spent. He quickly & most efficiently got relieved after capsizing the vessel. when the electric & motor decided they cared not to work underwater, luckiely a flashlight had just a dim of a glow to hold her due east ,until the sound of the surf, we beached # cape Canaveral, glad as I was to be on land, had I found the beach 3 miles south, I coulda toured the launch pad, or 3 miles north, I could have had the pleasure of the nude beach, but no, I choosed smack in the middle of nowhere, any whoot this past may did a 1400 mile sail on a 50 ft.

ketch which was an epic adventure. So I have about 10,000 miles under sail, about 500,000 under power vessels, from being a navigator in oil research prior to these new fangled dangled gps's. man there nice ,but, im confused by them, & I suck at getting oil under my fingernails. however, I'm as easy to get along with as the stars are beautiful @ night, I have all the time in the world & its about time again to go see it breathe it & enjoyed.

I'll make a hellva third hand for the 3rd mate, can stay at the helm for 12 to 18 when or if required, look forward to hearing from ya ... @ times speak up ...
302-260-2901 ... White Hat
Old 19-09-2014, 18:09   #5

Can you tell us a little bit more about your typical day to day? And any expenses for the crew?
Old 20-09-2014, 13:54   #6

My plan is to slowly meander down the Keys starting in ft. Lauderdale hitting Dry Tortugas then head back up for a good jumping off point to the Bahamas with a good weather window.

I like to take no more than 5 or 6 hours to go from one anchorage to the next. Stop, swim, fish, read, chat repeat. Maybe spend 2 or 3 days at anchor if the spot is particularly appealing.

As for sharing costs food and supplies would be shared. I'll handle fuel, docking and Bahamas entry fee. Although if someone wants to add to that kitty I wouldn't refuse it.
Old 21-09-2014, 00:22   #7

Hey Capt.
Thanks for responding, I did in may a trip from st Croix , we went to st martin ,st. Thomas, dry tortolas, & Dominican replublic , we spent 1 day & night at each island, winds were at our back on way to marathon keys, we stuck up a spiniker sail, got 5 knots out of 10 mile hr winds, , it took 3 weeks on that return trip, just so u know ,, I would love to be on board, the arrangements sound great , typically , what I have is available, if needed ... hope to e on borad with ya ... let me know ... tks ... ps on the way back there is a lil island brfore getting to baamas's ..* i'll look up name.. in english its loco cowboy ... great place to drop anchor,
uninhabited, old lighthouse on island,,a place to take an easy swim & walk on land ... nice rest before 3 more days to bahamas
Old 22-09-2014, 13:15   #8

Do you plan on spending time on shore and checking out the towns and people along the way or more stay on the boat mostly?
Old 23-09-2014, 05:26   #9

Hey, 50 something woman. Very little experience but want to l earn and love to travel. Padi cert. Swim like a fish. Can turn a wrench. Fair carpentry skills. Cook, clean. Can keep long long hours in case of emergency and am good in a crisis. Money is limited and smoke cigarettes but can keep it mostly above deck.
Old 23-09-2014, 13:58   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodeitrue View Post
Hey, 50 something woman. Very little experience but want to l earn and love to travel. Padi cert. Swim like a fish. Can turn a wrench. Fair carpentry skills. Cook, clean. Can keep long long hours in case of emergency and am good in a crisis. Money is limited and smoke cigarettes but can keep it mostly above deck.
Hello I sent you a pm.
Old 24-09-2014, 16:22   #11

bhodeitrue,

I have a possibility for ya , great people, last word was mid nov. vessel is in marathon key , . u can e-mail me direct for details,if ya wish
larrymatson2002@yahoo.com or call 302-260-2901
"White hat '
Old 24-09-2014, 18:11   #12

Boat: please delet my profile

Hi Captain,
I am a first time 'yatchie' and would like to join your crew. I have STCW, and I'm a dive master.
I have a bright, bubbly personality and work great in a team environment. I am highly motivated and have been consistently recognized as being a tireless worker. I am well organized and committed to always giving 100% to the task at hand. I strive to be completely familiar with my workplace to ensure guests around me have the confidence that they will always be taken care of.

I have common sense, can listen and follow directions. I don't believe in causing or being involved in any drama in the workplace. I strive to get the job done quickly and to the best possible standard.

Detail oriented with an aptitude for problem solving
Ability to train employees and clients efficiently
Honest, determined and flexible
Quick learner
Old 02-10-2014, 09:23   #13

Sent you pm.
Old 03-10-2014, 17:34   #14

Hello Capt., I am very interested in joining your crew. I have a few years sailing exp.,although most was many moons ago. I am cirt.P.A.D.I. diver,with many hours spear fishing the keys--again,many moons ago....I now have a retirement dream of buying a sailboat,and need this experience to help me with this goal.I am in very good health,63 years old,enjoy the company of most,and get along with all.Best to you,and safe travels. Bruce
Old 04-10-2014, 04:39   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunfeld View Post

Regards
Hi Grunfeld

Are you still looking for crew members?
Short and quick about me. I'm 34, have sailed for 28 years, I'm from Denmark and have a Danish yatchmaster. I'm planning a trip around the world at the moment. Planing to leave Europe in nov. to sail to St. Lucia (The ARC Race)

Cheers
Martin

Tags
Bahamas, florida, florida keys