Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2018, 08:23   #1

Duo Available For Sailing Passage (E. USA) - July 8 - July 21

My wife and I are available for a sailing passage from July 8 - July 21. I have done several passages on a traditional schooner - (Key West - Cuba, Providence - Key West, Key West - Philly). Please see an excerpt of my CV below. My wife Caren is a capable cook and can help with daytime watch keeping.

We will drive anywhere along the east coast USA from Charleston - NYC, beyond that we'll ask for compensation for hotel. Bermuda/Bahamas/Caribbean we will ask for 1/2 airfare. We will expect owner to pay for all expenses underway and we'll pay our own expenses on-shore.

From my CV:

I recently took an early retirement from IBM to start a professional sailing career. I completed the Professional Maritime Training course at Chapman School of Seamanship in March 2018. I am currently accumulating sea time to obtain my OUPV (Six-Pack).
I am available to move sailboats on the east coast USA, Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean and transatlantic.

I crewed on 64’ Schooner ‘When and If’ in the Conch Republic Cup, from Key West to Cuba. Also moved her from Newport RI to Key West in the Fall of 2017 and Key West to Philadelphia in the Spring of 2018. Responsibilities included night and day shifts on the helm, watchkeeping and monitoring radar/AIS.

I crewed on a passage from Marsh Harbour to Wilmington NC in Spring 2018.

I have 10 years of club sailboat racing experience at VISA Yacht Club on Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia and Key West Community Sailing Center. I own a Catalina 22 and have sailed a Pearson 26, Cal 25, as well as a variety of other dinghies.
Snash22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passage, sail, sailing