Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2016, 16:18   #1

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
BVI bareboat charter sharing? (January)

Seems the bareboat charters in the BVI's are a bit large until one gets 4-6 people on board. Since I'm only one such person, does anyone else want to share a charter of a monohull down there? Any combination of individuals/couples, with say up to six total. The time frame that seems appropriate is this January.

Depending on how many participants and selecting the boat that fits that number, the price of the boat seems will work out to be between $750-$1500 per person per week. Of course, the other costs, fuels, provisions, meals and the like notwithstanding.

I'm all set with the necessary ASA & RYI skipper certificates and the sailing resume to satisfy any charter company, especially for those easy waters. (I've managed more ambitious than that). I've about 3K nm sailing, coastal & off shore, but the intent here would be R&R: sailing, diving and a "must do" visit to "Foxy's" now famous bar - I was first there a very long time ago, and let's say I'm fulfilling a promise to myself to get back to the BVI.
Old 15-07-2016, 14:48   #2

Re: BVI bareboat charter sharing? (January)

I did two charters to Marsh Harbor with clients from my local area and had a blast.
Each trip was 7 days spitting the cost of the boat. I ran a small company which was working well. My issues turned into the airline flights and tsa (waiting hours for someone to so up......). Now I figure each $1500 to go sail someone else's boat get go in the kitty.

Cheers Mate,
Jaxx
Old 24-07-2016, 15:03   #3

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint

Apologies to anyone who got here and might have been interested, but I have to put this plan on hold for the time being. I was hoping to be "toasty" (eg. in the warmth of the BVI's), but instead, I'm just "toast", that is, got "downsized" by a chapter 11 bound employer, and sadly am not in a position to be adventure bound without employment to return to, to pay the freight. I'll limit myself to less ambitious (& less expensive) sailing (out of Jacksonville, FL, BTW).
Old 24-07-2016, 22:51   #4

Hi, am interested to your offer. I am retired, regardless of time, with a great taste of the sea. My working life took place on ships providing technical assistance to the on-board instrumentation. I have a boat license for sailing and motor, without limit. long range navigation experience.
I Participated in various fisheries research in Europe, Americas and Indian Ocean. More experience with motor boats less with sailboat.. Last sailing journey was in the Caribbean. I offer my experience as a 1st mate and cook.. For more info please contact spesle40@gmail.com or call +393477366307
Old 27-07-2016, 06:30   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgoodsint View Post
got "downsized" by a chapter 11 bound employer,
Jacksonville has some big water to play in, good luck with the job hunt.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:49   #6
cruiser

Boat: beneteau catameran blue 2

want to move a boat from Florida to Bahamas let talk send a message to dougstreeservice@centurytel.net
Old 14-08-2016, 20:52   #7

Boat: Formula 370 SS

Hey Doug45! Saw the post and was wondering if this is our friend Doug with a G?? Scott and Saunda

Tags
bareboat, charter