Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 22:58   #1

Boat: Whitby 42 Ketch
1 or 2 crew needed - Charleston to Lake Worth, Dec 1

Looking for voluntary crew, single or couple, who might be interested in acquiring a few days offshore experience, assisting with transit over a 3-4 day period from Charleston, SC to Lake Worth, FL.

Boat is Whitby 42, center cockpit ketch and primary responsibility would be as watch crew during transit.

Invitation to continue to Marsh Harbor, Abacos over next week is potential if compatibility works out. Looking for fun people who desire experience.
Klos2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:16   #2

Boat: 1980 Tanzer sailboat 26ft
Re: 1 or 2 crew needed - Charleston to Lake Worth, Dec 1

Hi that sounds like a great opportunity for my husband and I. The biggest problem is he only has 3 days of vacation left this year so as long as the trip could be done in a specific time frame and the flights can be arranged then we'd love to chat more to you about this.
Maybe by private message (if I can figure out how to do that).
Cheers,
Cindy
OdieNCici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:13   #3

Boat: 1980 Tanzer sailboat 26ft

Hi again.

Darryl and I are just new to this website and therefore my PM would not go through to you. Obviously this is not the ideal way to connect with you again but here it goes.
We got our first sailboat at the end of August (a 26ft Tanzer) just to get out on the water for a weekender and short trips next summer.
Our ultimate goal is to become Live-aboards sometime over the next 3 to 5 years and journey the Great Loop. Still in research stage as to what our Looper boat will be ... a sailboat or a trawler.
Part of research plans is to "sample" smaller boats on different trips.
Let me tell you about us ... we are from Canada, currently living about 4 hours west of Toronto, about an hour south of Ottawa and 2 hours east of Montreal. So that's our general area. We live a block away from the St. Lawrence River and our boat is docked at the Military Base in Kingston, Ontario at the mouth of the St. Lawrence from Lake Ontario.
We are both in our mid to late 50's and retired military people. I'm currently unemployed and Darryl works for CN Rail as a Signals and Communication Supervisor.
As I mentioned in my last post, he has 3 days vacation left this year so I've been looking for trip opportunities in Jan or Feb 2019. However, I spotted your ad this morning, checked the calendar and his work schedule along with a couple of flight options and I'm fairly certain we can help you out. Provided of course, that you are interested in us.
For under $1,000 we could get a flight that leaves Montreal on Friday Nov 30th at 3:45 pm and arrives in Charleston at 8:30pm (with a 3 hour layover in Newark). We could then depart Charleston on your boat Dec 1st as you had planned and sail to Lake Worth. Then as long as we were there on time to catch a ride to Fort Lauderdale on Dec 5th, for a direct flight that leaves at 9:25pm, we'd be back in Montreal around 1:00am and Darryl could be back to work on the morning of Dec 6th. (perhaps a little sleepy but it'll be worth it.)
We could also help with some of your provisioning costs. I could help with meal prep/planning and Darryl can help with the outside stuff involved with sailing. He has his Canadian Sailing licence but I do not. I just do what he tells me to do as far as bringing in lines or fenders, etc.
Both of us can help with watch. Though we've not yet done it on a boat, we've had plenty of experience doing sentry duty/ night watches from a trench. Hee Hee.
But in conclusion we are both VERY interested in the experience.
And we'd love to hear more about you and maybe see a few pictures of your boat.
So if you'd like to reach out to me by email, my address is cindylentzpei@gmail.com.
Of course it goes without saying, the sooner the better, as arrangements for the time off work and for flights are best done successfully with as much advance time notice as possible.
Cheers,
Cindy
OdieNCici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 14:49   #4

I'm very interested retired hard worker, used to long hours will meet you in Charleston. My name is Jim(63) years old good shape looking to further my sailing resume. I'm asa101,102,,104 qualified. Retired leo raised 3 children still married happily. Pm me
Hullboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 16:46   #5

Sounds like a good trip. December can be cold. Maybe a 1 or 2 RON in St Augustine. Lets program a little fun. I am Retired Naval Officer. Sail and Navigate. References. I have been up and down the east coast. Live in Charleston. Can Meet. rsailorbob@yahoo.com.
rsailorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 16:48   #6

Hi I'm from the Charleston area, I recently passed the test for my oupv license. While waiting for my paperwork to process in the mean time, I am looking for experience holding watch and other developing other skills. I look forward to hearing from you and discussing this further. My email is coleford1313@gmail.com and I look forward to hearing from you.
Coleford1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 16:18   #7

Boat: Carver,Cobia,Nacra, Columbia

How long have you owned the vessel? How much offshore experience do you, and the vessel, have?
flyingfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 19:10   #8

Boat: Whitby 42 Ketch

Thank you all for the responses, I have filled the position for this trip but greatly appreciate all the interest. Fair winds.
Klos2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 19:52   #9

Hello,
Am thinking that that this sounds good and doable.
I have 25 years Coastal experience and a few months of offshore experience.
My wife, 15 yrs for her, would be happy to join you. If you'd just like a single..that's fine.
PM me if you'd like to know more..Love the ocean..Love cooking..am a musician..guitar..very esay to get along with..but will respond with fervor to critical situations....as it should be.
Thanks for the thought,
Patrick
PatMc57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, lake worth