Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2012, 12:30   #76
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Sailing the Pacific Puddle Jump While Filming a TV Show - Advice ?

there are 150 boats in mazatlan and mexico for sale by a man named ray who has a yacht brokerage. some are good boats, some are not..some have outstanding marina fees and some do not.... look long and hard and good luck finding a good one.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 16:00   #77
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to SS Little-Devil

Thanks guys. My broker just emailed me that I shouldn't post about the situation online or the Mexican brokers might get together and black ball me. The thing is I wonder how people learn from our collective mistakes if we don't discuss them. I didn't name names...at least I don't think so. First off, I would say that if you are going to write an offer on a remote boat, I would recommend having someone do an initial inspection of the boat for you before you fly down, including more and better pictures, specifically of areas or details that could be an issue. It would have been cheaper for me to do that. Incidentally, I used the surveyor the broker in MX recommended. I don't want to get him into trouble, so I'll leave out what he said. He didn't charge me for looking at the boat if that's any indication. Mind you we weren't there long.

zeehag, which broker are you referring to?
SS Little-Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 16:06   #78
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

in mazatlan his name is ray. he has 5 locations in mexico including san carlos/guayamas, la paz, mazatlan, cabo.... he has 150 boats for sale now.
he is a gringo. i havent heard of any blackballing being done--there are way too many boats left here for sale and not enough folks to purchase much less look a tthem... good luck and smooth sailing
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 16:17   #79
Marine Service Provider

Is there a company name?
Old 15-02-2012, 16:48   #80

I think this may be Ray:

Buy or Sell a Boat - San Carlos Yacht Sales
diamondjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 17:05   #81
Marine Service Provider

Okay. Think I found him. Maztalan Yacht Brokers. Well I haven't been given any more boats to see while here. I guess my broker is losing patience too. I'll check his site and see what he has. I'll probably scoot to Florida if I can't get an answer on writing an offer on another in Calif. Interestingly, a boat in Florida that I wrote an offer on last week, that did not even respond and later came up sold, is back on the market for $15,000 more. Not sure if it's a flip or the owner just got enough action to warrant increasing the price. Same broker though. Strange business this boat thang.
Old 15-02-2012, 17:22   #82

Boat: Rhodes 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Little-Devil
Okay. Think I found him. Maztalan Yacht Brokers. Well I haven't been given any more boats to see while here. I guess my broker is losing patience too. I'll check his site and see what he has. I'll probably scoot to Florida if I can't get an answer on writing an offer on another in Calif. Interestingly, a boat in Florida that I wrote an offer on last week, that did not even respond and later came up sold, is back on the market for $15,000 more. Not sure if it's a flip or the owner just got enough action to warrant increasing the price. Same broker though. Strange business this boat thang.
Funny business for sure. Hard to believe you wouldn't even get a response. If you and your broker want an honest opinion of any yachts in Lauderdale or maybe larger South Florida, feel free to send me a pm. I've seen much of what is here or if not don't mind previewing yachts for future knowledge. Interesting to follow the trevails of your yacht search. Hang in there.
Richard Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pacific puddle jump, sailing