Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2011, 14:18   #1
CLOD

Boat: none
Prepped for Irene

Spent the morning stripping down the boat etc and getting ready for Irene for the boat to ride it out on the mooring.

Seems that 30+% of boat out in the field that had prepped did NOT take their main sail off which seems lazy/stupid. But at least a lot of them did wrap extra line around the main. I don't understaqnd the boat next to me that spent as much time rigging an extra blanket over their main sail cover as I took to just take mine off (this boat is normally in a slip).

The craziest thing to me is that not many boats out in the mooring field took their anchors off their bow rollers. Hope all the boats that are going to be in front of me when the wind direction is set took theirs off.
Old 27-08-2011, 14:43   #2

Re: Prepped for Iren

Don:

Same thing here on Long Island. But, at least the sailboats around me on the other moorings took off their sails as I did.
THE BIANKA LOG BLOG: THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM The boatyard near me moved most of the big power boats off the docks and stored them on land. Which eases some of my concern that they won't break free and drag into mine. But the town dock on the other side is still full of boats. I just hope the docks hold and none come drifting by my boat. Took my anchor off too for the same reason you did. Let's hope everythings goes as planned.