Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2018, 15:25   #1

Middle Ground Bahamas

Hi All,
Is there a safe way to cross Middle Ground into the Tongue of the Ocean? Is Lark Channel an option? Thanks for any advice!
Ashleigh71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:29   #2

Boat: Lagoon 450F
Re: Middle Ground Bahamas

I searched extensively 8 or 9 months ago and I could find nothing useful other than the explorer chart showing the Lark channel. Hope you have better luck.
dcareri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:41   #3

Boat: Carver,Cobia,Nacra, Columbia

Lots of options depending upon your draft. Do google search for Routes Morgans Bluff and Routes Deep Creek
flyingfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:54   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 50

I have been going to the Bahamas for many years and have not met anyone who tried any of the routes listed. Our of curiosity I looked at the satellite imagery and compared it to C Map charts and Navionics charts, and there are differences. I can't imagine anyone actually doing a complete survey of this area, it just too remote. Based on the satellite imagery it looks possible. If I had to do it, I would trust the satellite images, but I would anchor and survey the last few miles by dinghy. Anchoring is realistically possible only in settled weather. Getting stuck, or broken out there could mean loosing the boat. Help is very far away. Be careful out there.
Pitchondesign is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas