Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2016, 03:28   #1

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy
Looking for land with waterfront: MD or DE

Sort of a weird thread to be posting on a sailing forum, but I'm now moving back on land, and after paying for winter haul out and storage this last year, am looking for a land-based home that will let me avoid some of these costs with a protected dock in a small tributary (I'm also likely transitioning from a keelboat to a small, trailerable multi that I could store in the backyard over winter). I figured a few of our Maryland and Delaware members could let me know what might be good regions to look in?

Since all boat or land-buying threads should start with a list of requirements, please find mine below!
As context, I work Monday to Friday on the road (In Philadelphia and New Jersey for the next several months). I often spend the weekends in other cities or with family, so this place would generally be just somewhere to store a boat and my stuff, and I would only ever live there on the weekends. It doesn't need to be nice, is what I'm saying If I ever move to a large city permanently, it would function as a weekend place. Because of work, it also needs to be
- Close to either Washington DC, Baltimore, or Philadelphia
- Easy access to airport (preferably BWI or PHL)
- Costs below $300k, and hopefully closer to $200k
- Over 50% of land at least five feet above water level (I've experienced the Chesapeake storm surge before )
- Extra points if it has a pawpaw thicket

I'm more familiar with the Severn and Magothy, and these are a couple places I'm looking at to give context. I'm ruling out the Eastern Shore as being too inconvenient to commute from. Are there any other rivers, tributaries, or offshoots that people would suggest looking at, perhaps closer to Baltimore? Anything in Pennsylvania, (possibly off the Delaware) that might be worth a look? Thanks!

https://www.redfin.com/city/25210/MD...8819:-76.54921

https://www.redfin.com/MD/Pasadena/2.../home/10303701
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water