Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2017, 10:56   #16

Thumbs up Re: BVI Charter Reviews

We recently chartered with Captain's Compass (43 foot catamaran). Two weeks at the beginning of March 2017. We have chartered more than 30 times in the past 25 years in the BVI with various charter companies. This was our first time with Captain's Compass. I must say that the quality of the yacht and service were up there with the best. Brent the owner was very accommodating and very efficient. We were on the water in no time. No issues whatsoever. The charter location in Sea Cow's Bay was safe and conveniently located. Some minor provisioning, showers, washrooms, laundromat and restaurant at the dock. Minutes by taxi to Road Town.
Highly recommend a charter with Captain's Compass.
Cheers
George, Edmonton Alberta
Galleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 15:08   #17

Re: BVI Charter Reviews

Yes. I love the service at Captain's Compass too. I have "Afloat" again in June 2017 for 3 weeks. My family and I can't wait to get back aboard. It's nice to know a true professional like Brent is there to make sure I have a great boat.

Dr John Lloyd
Seal Beach
drjjlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 19:28   #18

Only four weeks to go. I can't wait to get back aboard Afloat. Looking forward to seeing Brent again and having 3 weeks bonding with my big family in the BVI!

Dr John Lloyd
Seal Beach
Old 18-07-2017, 10:13   #19

My family had a great three-week Charter aboard Afloat. Two adults, three teenagers, and a child. My favorite spot is the Baths of Virgin Gorda during the cool evening hours when nobody else is there. Many thanks to Brent for the great service.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeR.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	152131
Old 28-08-2017, 19:35   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjjlloyd View Post
3 weeks aboard Afloat went by too quickly. Nice comfortable boat that is strong and made for blue water cruising. When a couple of repairs were needed, "Boots," the can-do mechanic with the big smile had everything shipshape quickly.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Who did you charter with for 3 weeks. Looking for some extended time?
txgirllana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 19:40   #21

I chartered with Brent Fennell at Captain's Compass Charters. He has well maintained boats at a price that allows me to do nice long trips to the BVI. I highly recommend him!
Old 22-12-2017, 08:38   #22

We have been chartering from Brent Fennell currently with The Captains Compass for almost 25 years.
We just returned from a 2 week sail after hurricane Irma. The islands are as beautiful as ever. Although not all beach bars are open. Cocktails on the boat made us happy. One issue was some of the mooring balls had barnacles on them. We’d recommend bringing gloves.
Brents boats are well maintained and clean and rarely when there were minor issues over the years they were quickly resolved. The value is truly amazing!
The location at sea cow marina has an adequate grocery store and is close to nanny cay. Which is the only marina with fuel after Irma.
Sailing was nice after Irma quiet like it was 25 years ago. “Vintage BVI”.
Sailus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:48   #23

We’ve just returned from a 37 day charter in the BVI, and we can highly recommend The Captains Compass located in Sea Cow Bay (near Nanny Cay). Brent Fennel runs this fantastic charter company, which we have used for many years. He has a wonderful work ethic, is a great communicator and the boats are maintained to high standards. Great boats, excellent personalized service and best rates!
Monika2903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, reviews