Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 11:31   #1

Bareboat Charter with Paralos?

Hi All,

We are considering a bareboat charter with Paralos in the Ionian Islands. Has anyone chartered with them before? Any feedback on their operations?

Unfortunately it has been my experience in the past that when we charter with anyone other than The Moorings, the experience has not been great. We've experienced everything from knot meters, depth gages, tank gages that don't work "on any of the boats", a jury-rigged traveler on a mainsail that barely moved, and a boat orientation and chart-briefing with someone who does not know how to sail.

So you can imagine that I feel a little nervous...any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
abnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:37   #2

Boat: beneteau 423
Please see my prevoius post ive copied to here. I should be on commision for these guys!!
My advice, if you want to sail in the Aegean, (and I have no vested interest other than having put my boat on charter with them for a couple of years), is to try Aura Yachting. Aura Yachting - Bareboat Yacht Charter - Yalikavak - Turkey They are based in Turkey, Yalikavak, rather than Greece, however I chartered for many years from many companies, before buying my yacht, and they are head and shoulders over everybody else Ive used. That's why I put my boat with them. They look after the boats like babies, and give a good service. Give them a call and ask for Merina. That's not a wind up, it really is her name..
Enjoy your sailing
Bryan
bryan and wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20   #3

This what I said on another thread earlier. Also for the Ionian I would recommend Nisos - Yacht Charter, Greek Islands Holidays, Sailing Holidays Greece Rowan or Laurie

I have had quotes from Easy Sailing but never used them as they always seemed to be more expensive and/or not have what I was looking for either boat or base wise. I hvaen't heard of any problems with them but I hvaen't heard any glowing reports either. I went to Athens last June last minute and went on this website Smart Yacht Charter Greece Sailing Holidays in Greece Bareboat Yacht Charter and got quite a few very good offers including onew from Sail Greece - Rent a sailing boat in Greece. Charter a yacht from our privately owned sailing boats in Athens, Greece. Captain Giannis there looked after us very well so much so that we we went back in October and are going back to him in June this year and again in August
Skipper52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 15:31   #4

I would recommend you www.cosmos-yachting.com or nomicos yachtings.
Both have brand new yachts and take care of them a lot.
They have a big fleet of Bavaria but not only.
I was very pleased with Cosmos this summer in Rhodes.
A great sailing trip, beautiful as well as cultural !
Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 04:49   #5

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
When I see some posted answers to commercial questions and noting those giving the answers are virtually brand new to the site - am I being too cynical when I wonder how impartial the advice really is............
JOHN
Old 28-02-2010, 05:41   #6

Boat: beneteau 423
Giving advice to the best of my ability, as does everybody on this site? As I stated, I have no commercial attachment or interest in Aura yachting. Just a good experience. I have chartered for many years from many different companies, so probably have good advice to offer in this area.
bryan and wendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bareboat, Greece