Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2021, 10:01   #106

Boat: Hunter 40.5
Re: Mexican Navy vaccinated us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
No, absolutely not true. According to this research those who had acquired natural immunity through prior infection had significantly more robust and longer lasting immunity than those only vaccinated. Those with both natural immunity and one shot had even stronger immunity, but those with only the vaccination were at the very bottom.

Regarding variants, you are simply just repeating the same old tired line which I have challenged as, at best, unconvincing. It is still equally unconvincing regardless of how many times it is repeated.

Any sensible person would conclude the "preferred" method of having significant immunity is to get the vaccine then get a likely mild case of Covid. Rather than get covid followed by a vaccine, or just have covid and no vaccine.
Old 29-08-2021, 10:06   #107

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixnax View Post
If I wrote it, please show me so I can fall on my sword. If someone else wrote it please show me so I can loan them my sword.
Lend your swords to a poster who goes by the handle Lake Effect. He's gonna need all of them

On the other hand, might make sense to save one or two for yourself... considering your own claims regarding what causes viral mutations.
Old 29-08-2021, 10:15   #108
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Mexican Navy vaccinated us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Frank View Post
Any sensible person would conclude the "preferred" method of having significant immunity is to get the vaccine then get a likely mild case of Covid. Rather than get covid followed by a vaccine, or just have covid and no vaccine.
I guess that depends on whether you consider yourself falling within the 0.5% who could/would die if they contracted the Covid virus..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 29-08-2021, 10:20   #109

Quote:
What is sensible to you, may not be sensible to another. We are not all made the same, and this is a personal decision that each one has to make for themselves.

What is sensible or not was not the point of my post. The point, in case you missed it, is that we should all respect each other's decisions regarding our own health especially when there is still so much unknown about both the vaccines and natural immunity.
Old 29-08-2021, 10:39   #110
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
What is sensible to you, may not be sensible to another. We are not all made the same, and this is a personal decision that each one has to make for themselves.

What is sensible or not was not the point of my post. The point, in case you missed it, is that we should all respect each other's decisions regarding our own health especially when there is still so much unknown about both the vaccines and natural immunity.

When the unvaccinated’s decision doesn’t effect me or others then maybe I’ll respect it.
Old 29-08-2021, 10:46   #111

Quote:
Lend your swords to a poster who goes by the handle Lake Effect. He's gonna need all of them

On the other hand, might make sense to save one or two for yourself... considering your own claims regarding what causes viral mutations.

I'll bite, how is it in error to point out that the more people who contract covid the more likely it that the virus will mutate?
Old 29-08-2021, 10:46   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
When the unvaccinated’s decision doesn’t effect me or others then maybe I’ll respect it.
Is it going to make you feel any better when you get infected by a vaccinated person?
Old 29-08-2021, 10:51   #113
smj

Quote:
Is it going to make you feel any better when you get infected by a vaccinated person?

It’s not about ME it’s about the state of the country and the world. Wouldn’t you like to get this behind us? About 90-95% of the people sick in the hospitals are unvaccinated. About 99% of those who die are unvaccinated. Now I’m not very intelligent but even I can understand the numbers and what they mean.
Old 29-08-2021, 11:06   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
Did the Mexican Navy require it or did they offer and you accepted? Just wondering
Are you being serious with this question??? Nobody anywhere in North America (including Mexico) is being forced to be vaccinated.
Old 29-08-2021, 11:13   #115

Boat: X442

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
It’s not about ME it’s about the state of the country and the world. Wouldn’t you like to get this behind us? About 90-95% of the people sick in the hospitals are unvaccinated. About 99% of those who die are unvaccinated. Now I’m not very intelligent but even I can understand the numbers and what they mean.
I have this sneaky suspicion that the vaccines regrettably will not get us out of this quagmire. Time will tell, but the data is not looking good. (And there are as many sources stating the above, ie 99% of the dead are unvaccinated, as there are sources stating there are a hell of a lot of 'breakthrough' cases, ie the vaccines are not all they're made out to be.)
Old 29-08-2021, 11:18   #116
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinSdL View Post
I have this sneaky suspicion that the vaccines regrettably will not get us out of this quagmire. Time will tell, but the data is not looking good. (And there are as many sources stating the above, ie 99% of the dead are unvaccinated, as there are sources stating there are a hell of a lot of 'breakthrough' cases, ie the vaccines are not all they're made out to be.)

This may be true, but if that’s the case the greater percentage of breakthrough cases have much less severe symptoms than the unvaccinated proven by the hospitalization percentages?
Old 29-08-2021, 11:35   #117
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Mexican Navy vaccinated us

Quote:

The U.K. data shows that while approx 3 to 1 people admitted overnight are unvaccinated approx 1.7:1 of the deaths were amongst the vaccinated

This is entirely consistent with other data that shows that most deaths amongst the vaccinated have comorbidities whilst deaths amongst the unvaccinated tend to be spread across healthy and sick people.

Vulnerable people ie the sick , the obese , certain diabetics etc. remain vulnerable irrespective of the vaccine. However the unvaccinated are particularly at risk

Remember the unvaccinated are a very small minority and few are people with medical vulnerabilities. The fact that they are dying at all is reason enough to get the vaccine.

Delta is killing the healthy unvaccinated but largely only the compromised vaccinated.
Old 29-08-2021, 12:07   #118

Boat: Hunter 40.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
I guess that depends on whether you consider yourself falling within the 0.5% who could/would die if they contracted the Covid virus..

Well there are a lot of unpleasantries going up too death that I think any sensible person would like to avoid as well. I also would not be able to live with myself if I caught it, was asymptomatic, and spread it to someone else and caused them pain.

But I grew up in a society where getting vaccinated was a civil duty to save yourself and others. Some old school Christian values. Got a laundry list of them from school mandates and foreign travel.
Old 29-08-2021, 12:28   #119

Quote:
I think the vaccines are exactly what they were made out to be:

1). one tool amongst others to help get the R0 number <1. At that point each infected person will transmit infection to less than one other and the pandemic may be broken.

2). A way to slow transmission so as to avoid overwhelming our hospitals and ICU's with Covid patients.
Old 29-08-2021, 12:30   #120
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Mexican Navy vaccinated us

Quote:
Well there are a lot of unpleasantries going up too death that I think any sensible person would like to avoid as well. I also would not be able to live with myself if I caught it, was asymptomatic, and spread it to someone else and caused them pain.

But I grew up in a society where getting vaccinated was a civil duty to save yourself and others. Some old school Christian values. Got a laundry list of them from school mandates and foreign travel.
Well I got my Polio and Smallpox shots at school aged around 7 and 9.. no mention of Civil Duty, just get in that queue and roll your sleeve up boy..
I definitely don't have a laundry list and they had to hold me down for my Rabies shots aged 11..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.

Tags
navy