Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2019, 13:07   #1
cruiser

Boat: 53' Hatteras Cruising Yacht
1973 53' Hatteras MYC

I have a 1973 53’ Hatteras MYC for sale. $65.000 as is. In Delaware on the hard. Left ankle just replaced and right ankle fused. Expecting a very long rehab.

I am the second owner. She is on the hard right now. I am finishing up having the deck painted white. Both engines run very well Detroit V91N’s. Manuals available. Genset is not working. Getting ready to pull it and dump it.
Teak throughout. 70 percent has been sanded, finished and sealed. I have not finished or sealed the salon beam doors yet. Have been researching best option. Captain’s stateroom is teak, queen bed. I sanded, finished and sealed. New mattress. Mid stateroom has 2 full beds. Also sanded, finished and sealed. I would replace or cover the wall width mirror. The forward stateroom has two bunk beds. Also sanded, finished, and sealed.
The forward bathroom has been painted and one wall has thin stone veneer. Needs a sink and countertop as well as installation of same. I have not touched the mid ship bathroom. It has two heads, two sinks, mid shower with hard sliding privacy curtain. It will suffice if cleaned up. My plan was to redo as a later project.
Sub floor looks good. I pulled it to put new padding and carpet down. 40’x 12’ roll of new carpet, cranberry color, is on board. Galley is also teak. Sanded, stained and sealed. Cabinets are original 1973. I would have replaced them but decided to make this a project down the line. Refrigerator is new (black). I took out the stovetop and sink. I have a new sink. The floor is unfinished. Figured I would put flooring down after everything else was done. Electronics works but not good enough for me. Compass works. All switches are live. Breaker panel is in good shape and functions. Auto pilot is original. Not sure if it works. The fire control system has not been tested. Fuel and water tanks do not leak. Probably need the fuel polished and the water tanks cleaned. Deck was sanded is about to be painted white with grit to be applied in traverse areas. No decking. Teak railing has been sanded and ready to finish and seal. Once again I was researching best option with it being in the sun.
All windows in salon replaced with tinted windows.
Windlass was bad so I threw it. Needs a new one.
New props
Also includes: 4 Taylor XXL new maroon bumpers, new Magnum grill, Various new dock lines, a used front hatch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My boat port2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	187517   Click image for larger version

Name:	My boat port1.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	187518  

SouthernPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:20   #2

Re: 1973 53' Hatteras MYC

Could you explain your ankle replacement? As in hip or knee replacement? I didn’t realize ankle replacement was that far advanced. Nice boat by the way
levelpath is offline   Reply With Quote