Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-05-2014, 18:28   #1

Boat: Bertram 46.6 FBMY
Wind with LifePO4

Hello,

Last night at the yacht club, there was a huge raffle prize drawing. I won a Rutland 914i, and so did my girlfriend.

I have two 12v wind turbines now, and we have the Hatteras 43 Double Cabin that happens to be all 12v.

I have a CALB LifePO4 12v 500Ah house bank, and the 2 12v Lead Acid engine banks.

If I were to install a "Normally Closed" 500A relay in parallel with the "Normally Open" relay that is in place on the BMS now for the HVC. When HVC is reached, the BMS would be able to direct the current to the engine banks, or a 12vDC water heater element.

I do not find much information online about people using wind turbines in a LifePO4 system. Mainly Solar.

The Normally Open relay would handle the redirecting the current, and continue to keep the turbine under load.

Alan
Hkalan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lifepo4, wind