Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2009, 15:11   #1

Boat: 1976 Pearson 365 s/v Sabbatical
Wind Generator Mizzen Mount

I just purchased an Air Breeze wind generator. I am planning to install it 2/3 of the way up the mizzen mast.

I have seen a few mounts for sale on the internet and was wondering if anyone had a mount that they would recommend.

it would be ideal to have the wind gen be able to rotate 360 degrees. I don't really like the idea of the top of the mizzen mast because it would require removing a TV antenna and fabricating a piece on the top of the mast to make it flat. It is also more difficult to install and service and puts more stress on the rig.

I found one custom design mount that allows 360 degrees of rotation on the front of the mizzen mast. (photo below)

There are only two photos of commercially available mounts that I could find. One is the vibration isolating mount from SV hotwire (makers of the the KISS.)

The other is from Emarineinc.com.

There is another mount sold by hamiltonferris, but I don't know the specs on it.

The KISS mount doesn't allow 360 degree rotation, but it would be nice to reduce the vibration in the rig. It is also the least expensive option.

The Emarine mount does allow complete rotation, but it doesn't look as robust and it is much more expensive.

Still looking for that perfect mount that will allow 360 degree rotation on the front of the mizzen mast and someone that has seen it in action.
Snboard976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, wind generator