Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2008, 19:31   #1

Boat: Norseman 447
Trace SW2612 Inverter/Charger problem

Our Trace 2612 inverter/charger has developed an annoying problem, when we connect to shorepower after it goes through it's sinewave matching routine and switches to charger mode it trips out Shorepower, if I disconnect earths on unit and let it start up and then connect them it fine, I took it to local servicer and he set it up on his bench and it didn't trip his earth leakage breaker and he said couldn't find anything wrong with it, bring it back home and re install it same problem, any ideas anyone?
Nauticatarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 20:02   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
I suspect that you are in Europe, is that correct. The reason I ask is because the trip values of "ground fault detector" or "earth leakage breaker" are different for European boats than for NA boats. What was the trip value of his "earth leakage breaker" and what is the value of yours? Perhaps your "Ground Fault Detector" or "Earth Leakage Breaker" is faulty. Perhaps you have a leak to ground that was to small to trip the servicer's unit but it is large enough to trip yours.

Nigel Calder has a great article in "Professional Boatbuilder" that can be accessed online that may explain it better than I can.

Professional BoatBuilder - April 2006/May 2006
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter