Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2016, 08:08   #1
Marine Service Provider

Kisai inverter/chargers

Has anyone had experience with the Kisai brand? I installed a 1000w inverter/charger in my 38' sailboat with a single start battery and a bank of 3 house batteries. Everything worked fine--for a while. Then it stopped charging. So we took it back and replaced it. Everything worked fine for a while--and then the same thing--and it took the house bank down..though possibly unrelated. I have studied this and spoken to a marine electrician as well as the one who installed it with me. It appears that this is a problem with the unit and not the wiring. I think I simply bought a low-priced and not very reliable product made in China. I am planning to upgrade to a better and more powerful and more expensive unit. Any thoughts on what happened and what are my options? Thank you.
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 21:27   #2

Re: Kisai inverter/chargers

I installed a Kisae (note spelling) 55amp/2000 watt inverter in 2014 and it worked fine for 6 months, then quit. I called the service number for Canada on their website (their service technician is in Surrey, B.C.). He said the unit needed a software update, which he could install if I brought in the unit, including the remote. This proved impracticable and he ended up giving me a whole new unit, which has worked fine since. He was very helpful, and if you haven't already, you should phone/email him.

Also, I assume you have checked and reset if necessary the GFCI switch on the side of the case and on the A/C outlet on the end of the unit, and have checked that the 3 amp fuse is okay??
osprey877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:02   #3
Marine Service Provider

We are certain it is in the inverter/charger and the fact that yours needed a "software update" after six months may be telling. Thank you but after two trys, we have gone to a better and more expensive unit.
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 16:30   #4

LOL NO stand alone unit that is working will ever quite working due to a software update. that is true for anything. computers, plotters etc.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, inverter