Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23-05-2009, 14:14   #16

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Artful, It is my understanding that, as a rule, we like to keep the high pressure OUT of the boat. The chance of line leaks must be much greater, and seeing how a new pressure regulator is way under $100, how much is your life worth? How do you know that your boat, which was originally plumbed correctly, has the required tube / hose and connections for this much higher pressure?

There was once a sky diver that decided to save money and attempt a repack by himself. He thought it went OK, but shortly after jumping out of the plane it became apparent that his chute wasn't opening. Just as he was sure he was going to die, he noticed a man, far below, flying up at him. The figure grew larger and larger until they were within shouting distance. "HEY! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PARACHUTES?" the skydiver yelled. "NO! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PRESSURE REGULATORS? the sailor answered...

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 10:13   #17

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Jeez... I thought that was funny. I should have posted that on the 'Jokes" page... Anyway, I'll be here all week. Try the veal!

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote