Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2016, 15:35   #1

Boat: Roberts, 36 ft Cutter
DC Wire Runs on Surface of Interior Cabin

I am in the long process of completing the interior of my steel 36 sailboat. I have competed the interior painting (corrosion protection), sprayed on insulation and then installed a plywood "skin" to the interior (to mount everything else to).
The step that I am ready to start on is to install my DC wire runs to the various load points (lights, bilge, etc.).
The wire runs will be mounted on the exterior surface of the plywood "skin".

Can anyone suggest what type of conduit/wire run protector to use that will be reasonably attractive and possible allow me to inspect them from time to time?
Briarpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 16:30   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: DC Wire Runs on Surface of Interior Cabin

There are "square" wire chases sold in hardware and electrical stores, that are actually lengths of steel (painted) shaped like 3 sides of a square, that are then snapped into clips mounted on a wall. The result is a neat steel chase, which can be popped off the backing mountings to access the wires if need be. They are NOT intended for any type of regular periodic maintenance, just for access when or if needed.

But you should be able to find that very easily.

An alternative would be to use either metal or pvc conduit and junction boxes, and just run the wires through the conduit. Might be "good enough" depending on how many junction boxes and turns you have to make.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 17:24   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: DC Wire Runs on Surface of Interior Cabin

Something like
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/364/5...580364_000.jpg
or
http://www.cablemagic.com.au/media/c.../4/0/40648.jpg

Available just about anywhere.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags